New Eufycam Pro

It is the upgraded eufyCam series with 2K resolution, will have eufyCam 2 Pro and eufyCam 2C pro. You will see them within 2 months

5 Likes

Hello @Mengdi Do they connect to a homebase? How long is the battery life? Can they be plugged in? Are they identical to the other ones besides 2K? Will their be an update to the homebase? Why not call it Eufy Cam 3 meaning 3rd generation Eufy Cam. Or is this only an upgrade for the camera meaning literally everything is the same except the 2K camera which would make this Pro over the 1080P model? Will Eufy still sell the 1080P models?

Since this is the new 2K models I’m wondering when we might see 4K? Also are we ever going to see a camera that is made to be plugged in while being used? Or 24/7 recording?? @Mengdi

1 Like

4K version is on planning

1 Like

@Mengdi That’s awesome to hear!! I assume you aren’t going to give out any other specs and we just have to wait until it releases?

Do they connect to a homebase? How long is the battery life? Can they be plugged in? Are they identical to the other ones besides 2K? Will their be an update to the homebase? Will Eufy still sell the 1080P models? Can they record 24/7?

Unfortunately for business secrets I cannot tell more.
But it worths expecting!

2 Likes

Ok thanks!

Thanks @Mengdi for the hint
just wondering what eufycam Pro will bring us :thinking:

Same here! Hoping that 2K resolution is not the only improvement from Eufy Cam 2C!

I understand the desire for 4k but along with that is concerns that it’s a lot bigger file size to transmit from the camera to the home base and also to view might chew up more bandwidth or could be choppy playback too. Also to store much bigger files is also an issue and it could use more battery power too. Just things to consider and think about. I saw one article that stated 2k has like 72 or 78% more pixels over 1080p so even that would be an improvement.

1 Like

Well it depends on which 2k they go for
1080 is 1920x1080
2k can be 2048×1080
As you can see 2k is only very marginally horizontal increase & the same vertical

4k on the other hand is 3840 x 2160 twice the horizontal & vertical pixels

2 Likes

2k is marginal improvement and that was my original point since I have (5) Eufy cam 2 and a 2k would probably be a pointless upgrade. I already have the new indoor pan and tilt pre-ordered so we will see very soon on the 2k resolution. I assume it is the same 2k.

I have some eufycam2 cameras and the battery doorbell which is 2K. The doorbell produces markedly better quality images.

I agree with you! I am not going to upgrade the cameras I have from Eufy already but I am thinking of getting more and if I do I would get the 2K ones.

1 Like

So the 2k pro version is going with 2560x1920 = 4,915,200 pixels so you are jumping from like a 2.1mp 1080 resolution to almost 5mp resolution and size image. That’s a pretty big jump up.

1 Like

Where have they spec’ed the resolution?
2k & 4k can both be many resolutions

Let me guess! They will only be sold with a Homebase?! If so no justification for spending more money on another camera…

1 Like

From information I’ve seen it does not need to link to the Homebase. It has a SD slot. Connects straight to WiFi.

Well that’s even stupider! Why would you want a memory card in a camera for outside? Hello all video footage would just walk away… Just saying :grimacing:

Think there were people asking for it to connect straight to WiFi. So no need for the homebase from what I read. Hopefully there will be second option to connect and use Homebase.

1 Like