Night human detection

During the day I get notifications only for humans as it should be. At night, having pets, I receive notifications continuously and so do the cars that pass on the road. This was not the case with eufycam 1. Could we have gotten worse?

5 Likes

Agreed. This is a real pain. It would be great to have human only motion alerts day and night.

7 Likes

I agree. This is terrible. I have a dog and when she goes out at night, my motion detection alarm wakes me up. I can’t believe that human detection doesn’t work at night. Total crap. I believe I will return my cameras unless I can find info about how Eufy plans to fix this in an upcoming update. We’ll see.

5 Likes

Say to us if they fix up

1 Like

I noticed this problem just last night, in good faith that the alarm on my terrace could only be triggered by people. But it turned out that my cat set off the alarm. When I checked the settings, I discovered the information that even if the option “Human Only” was selected, all movements during the night would trigger the alarm. This is seriously stupid and doesn’t make the slightest sense. This menu item must be adjusted as quickly as possible, because it is imperative to have Human trigger the alarm during the night, at least optionally. As good as the Eufy security system may be so far, more and more little things and problems pile up to make this system very questionable, because very dubious decisions are made during development, which ultimately impair the usability of the system to such an extent that it can’t be considered as a trustworthy security system. I kindly request this feature to be fixed.

6 Likes

I wrote to support directly about this topic. See for yourself how bad the support is. Standard answer, consisting of ready-made text modules, with no recognizable signs that Eufy is taking the problem seriously. No evidence that anyone has any interest in solving the problem. Arguing completely pointlessly bypassing the problem, pretending that this problem does not even exist.

My message to support:
Severely restricted usability | EufyCam 2c “Human Only”

Hello there,

I kindly ask to take this issue seriously - https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/night-human-detection/371330/5

I noticed this problem just last night, in good faith that the alarm on my terrace could only be triggered by people. But it turned out that my cat set off the alarm. When I checked the settings, I discovered the information that even if the option “Human Only” was selected, all movements during the night would trigger the alarm. This is seriously stupid and doesn’t make the slightest sense. This menu item must be adjusted as quickly as possible, because it is imperative to have Human trigger the alarm during the night, at least optionally. As good as the Eufy security system may be so far, more and more little things and problems pile up to make this system very questionable, because very dubious decisions are made during development, which ultimately impair the usability of the system to such an extent that it can’t be considered as a trustworthy security system. I kindly request this feature to be fixed.

All my best wishes from Berlin

Their completely stupid response:
Aw: [#60942074]: Severely restricted usability | EufyCam 2c “Human Only”

Guten Tag,

Thank you for reaching out to eufy!

We are very sorry to hear about the issue with your eufySecurity system. Let’s get you taken care of!

Normally, if you select “Human only”, the alarm will be triggered at night only if a human figure is detected.

Please try the following steps as they can often times already solve the issue:

• Reduce the Motion Detection Sensitivity. Here are the steps:My device>Camera name>Camera Settings>motion detection>Set motion detection sensitivity

If the issue still persists, please help to provide the following information:

• A video depicting the issue, if the cat set off the alarm the night, it will also be a record. Please also indicate the time information.

• The camera’s serial number (SN). You can find it on the camera itself or in the app

• The order invoice or receipt from your original purchase

• Your current shipping address

Thank you for your patience; we look forward to sorting this out for you!

1 Like

The worst part is they are partially right !

From what i tested at night, the notifications on my phone goes on for any motion during the night, but the actual sound alarm within the camera only goes on when there is someone, even at night…

This is just crazy !

2 Likes

Thanks.

Nevertheless, it make no sense that way … I want it to be on higher sensitivity and detect “human only” … can’t be that big of a problem for them to change that.

3 Likes

I can only recommend each and everyone of you to write directly to Eufy support (support@eufylife.com). Complain, insist on solving the problem. Write as often as you can until Eufy finally responds appropriately.

3 Likes

Hi @Simo

If you are receiving motion notifications for cars driving by. I recommend setting activity zones.

That way you can highlight on the camera where you want motion notifications/ recordings from.

I do the same and I do not draw the boxes on the road.

Thanks!
Jonathan

And what about my pets?

3 Likes

Exactly! All of the “workarounds” described cannot make up for the fact that there is a glaring malfunction that needs to be eliminated.

3 Likes

The problem is not the road is that at night the animals in my garden continuously trigger notifications because the recognition of only humans is automatically disabled. In eufycam 1 this was not the case, I am very sorry about the change

4 Likes

@Simo

Do you use activity zones?

Yes! And cats are triggering the alarm …

2 Likes

Yes and cars dogs and animals triggering notification

3 Likes

Hi @Simo

I am assuming the cars, dogs and animals are triggering within your defined activity zones at night.

Is that correct?

That’s not the point. The point is, that all this is not triggering by day, since during the day time the settings allow to ignore all but “Human Only” … pretty simple. Again, we’re not interested in “workarounds” …

4 Likes

@Martin36. One suggestion would be to define an activity zone in the camera view that doesn’t include an area where the animals run around.

Why can’t you turn down the motion sensing​:question::question:

1 Like