No Detection Suddenly Oct15-19

And what’s your Eufy app version and is it Android or Apple iOS?
I’ve got the Homebase 2 version 2.1.2.8h and iOS Eufy app version 2.2.1_605. Is it still the same today or is it back to normal?

1 Like

Since recent app update to 2.2.1_605h and one of my Homebase’s updated to 2.1.2.8h seems to fixed the issue. Only wish my other Homebase would update to 2.1.2.8h!

1 Like

hi @khy888, if you contact Eufy support they will probably push the newer firmware version to your second Homebase. They did that for me the other week.

thanks,

@khy888
That’s great news! I read somewhere that switching to WiFi only mode for the HB2 would allow event recordings and notifications, but not at the moment for me.

Thanks for the help and advice all!

Contacted Eufy a few times to push through the update, promised it would be pushed, still waiting.

Is anyone else having notifications disabled in the Homebase settings? For some reason I turn on all push notifications but during the day, night they all disable besides Start alarm delay?

1 Like

Oct21st

Notification is completely dead. eufy server failed again. after the firmware pushed update . this is happening for the whole week

2k cam

I did not hear any news about the server down. Have you contacted the customer service?

No, not yet. I will.

All the resets Will not work to restore detections.

btw, My Sd card is full, does Eufy stop detection and notification?

Well, This morning detection is back, with Event but No notifications.

Uploaded log and sent pics to Customer services.

Only thing I have not done is to total rest the 2k and re install.

For your question about the full memory card: yes, it stops recording but should notify you the card is full.

Regarding the notifications: just to check, do you have a profile active that records but does not send notifications?

Does this also affect HomeKit?

Still no notifications from these cams or recordings. It died like a week and a half/two weeks ago. Was fine prior.

Shouldn’t Eufy cycle recording? like deleting earliest record and kept recording like a dashcam?
I do see a statement on storage page about downloading 8mportant info because sd card is getting full.

yes, profile active but no recording and notifications.
yesterday, seems to be bk to normal after submitting a log.
today, event detection works but notification is once for 3 events.

I have Android but not homekit.
if you jave problem. submit feedbk so they know it is not a few people isdue.

Right. For my homebase it stops recording, that’s what I noticed.

You have 3 events, and one is pushing notifications?
Maybe this is related to the other problems reported. I know a new firmware version is being developed now which seems to solve the problems. Maybe stay tuned for that.

1 Like

Well Today, it seems working fine.
cross fingers.
as the disappearing detection could hit after a few good days.

good to know new firmware in the work.

Okay, just for my information, what did you do to fix the notifications? Did they get fixed ‘magically’? I’m curious to know, as this means there is more going on at the eufy servers than I thought.
Or did you free up some memory for new recordings?

No, I have not done anything other than submit a feedback about the problem.

Problem is like every company, you really do not know if they fixed it behind the scene.

Update Oct26

Another no events day since Oct 25 even I am standing in front.
Sd card recording is good, I can see it in Playback. just no events.

So today I format the sd card, and it works again. my sd card is new, and is a dashcam card.

I suspect the last firmware update on Oct 10 may have causing it.

Am reporting to support,. hopefully they can nail down the problem.

New Eufy App today, did not help until I reformat sd card.

1 Like

Same here. It didn’t detect the Amazon guy on the 25th. I also tested while approaching usually slow and while standing in front.