No sound out of Homebase 2 when ringing video doorbell

Hi all

Eufy released a new firmware (v2.1.2.0h) After I contacted them yesterday. This update resolves all the issues.

Can confirm the latest update fixed all of my doorbell issues.

I just bought a new Eufy doorbell and homebase works when wired but with WIFIthere is no sound. I checked the system version and it’s 2.1.1.9h… Any idea how I can update the firmware (tried the obvious pressing check on homebase-firmware…)
update: I put the cable back in homebase… I tried reset but no ring sound anymore, I tried changing the sound but I only hear the sound change on my phone… any ideas?

Either have to wait till they roll it out to your area or email support with Homebase details.

Just installed mine, latest firmware version and running with battery. Homebase is paired with doorbell, videos and livestream working fine. However, selecting homebase as doorbell chime has no effect. Doorbell sound emits from the doorbell unit itself but not homebase.

Are you sure are one the latest firmware update for your homebase? You should be running 2.1.2.0 not 2.1.1.9.

1 Like

I just checked and it does say the firmware is up to date, however it says the version installed is the older version you point out (2.1.1.9). Not sure if there’s a more current version on eufy’s servers why homebase doesn’t grab that. I see no way of manually forcing the update. Thanks for the reply.

This is ridiculous. New customer to the brand and already hitting issues. I’ve removed my original doorbell and now have nothing untill eufy push this update to UK users. COME ON EUFY!

I’m in the uk and was able to download the new firmware yesterday. If you can’t for some reason, email eufy support with your Homebase details and ask them to push the update to you.

1 Like

With new firmware HomeBase 2 as gong works, but my Echo Show still didn’t works.

In the UK, just got new doorbell it auto updated to 2.1.1.9 and the chime stopped working.
Emailed support with a screenshot shot of the homebase info screen and a link to this thread and they’ve pushed out 2.1.2.0 which has resolved the issue.
Would not auto update to 2.1.2.0 which is a bit poor but support sorted quickly within a few hours.

1 Like

Honestly, I had problems getting the motion detection to work and only realized I had problems with the doorbell and chime just now. Was about to process return when I decided to give Amazon help chat a try. They talked me into resetting the Homebase and that did nothing. But, I went from pressing the doorbell 30x and getting nothing to pressing it 14x and getting a chime. To cover my bases, I decided to process an Amazon exchange because it seemed like a physical defect. After seeing this chat, I’m also wondering if the doorbell is so smart that it became dumb.

I’m also having this problem with my homebase 2, which now doesn’t seem to make any noise at all. I can’t even re-sync my doorbell to it. Have tried resetting multiple times to no avail, no beeps, nothing. It’s on firmware 2.1.2.2h as well.

Any ideas?

Hi, I’ve got the same issue. Homebase 2 has no sound. It’s as if the speaker has been turned off. Audio is set to max. I was getting no chime sound from the battery doorbell and following some info here thought I’d try removing and adding the doorbell. No I can’t add the doorbell as the Homebase 2 isn’t playing the sound to link the two together. I’ve restarted the Homebase and also turned it off and on again.
It’s on firmware 2.1.2.2h

Any new information would be really helpful as I no longer have a doorbell

1 Like

Same issue here. I have the wireless doorbell T8210 firmware 2.2.1.3 along with HomeBase E firmware 2.1.2.2. Everything works except the homebase indoor chime. I need this fixed ASAP or I will be forced to return the unit. I really wish there was a way to get my google speakers to chime instead.

Kai from Germany here.
Same issue: home base is not ringing, nor does any of the Echo Spots. Settings are correct, and firmware up to date.
Please fix this ASAP, Eufy, as a reliable and fully functioning app is a key feature for your products!

For an unknown reason its working now. Without doing/changing anything. Just hope this will last…

Hello, Alan from Belgium,
Same issue with my homebase 2 just received yesterday. Does not ring if connected via WiFi.
However I have discovered that it rings if I use an Ethernet connection…

I just got my Eufy 2k Battery/wire powered Doorbell with Homebase 2 and my homebase doesn’t chime. When I choose a different chime sound there is no sound either. No sounds with alerts either. Only the doorbell has sound. I don’t get any registered events listed. I am on firmware 2.1.3.3h and subsystem version 1.3.0.9. Can someone please help me out. Thanks!

Sounds like there is something wrong with the communication between the doorbell and the homebase. The only strange thing is you are getting alerts.
You did set up the Hombase in the doorbell Indoor Chime setting right? There are 2 settings there… Homebase Alert and Volume.