Old videos deleted but not deleted?

I wrongfully posted in a thread about me not being able to access stored clips on my Homebase that are about 5 months old.

In the same thread I got a reply that due to some EU-law, Eufy has added a “feature” so that clips older than three months are deleted. I can’t find any source on this so its hard for me to take this as 100% truth even tho it fits the narrative very well.

My question is if anyone has any experience accessing clips on their Homebase2 older than 3 months, and in my case older than 5 months. On the storage part on the iOS-app it says that I still have over 8GB of clips, but I only see two from march this year on the iOS-app, web and macOS-app.

Looks like the HB2 deletes video older than 90 days according to Eufy customer care…

It was a policy they implemented a while ago and TOLD KNOW ONE. I can’t find any reference to it in the apps help section.

I had several months of events stored since time the cameras were initially released because they had no app to do bulk downloads at the time. And one day they were all gone.

A proper software company would have warned users to a policy change that would delete customers data ahead of the change so as to give the customer time to download all needed events.

1 Like

While videos getting deleted after 90 days is an issue, the bigger issue is all the videos on the homebase can be deleted from the cameras if a thief steals the camera and hits the reset button! Eufy knows about this issue and ignored it. See this thread for more details:

1 Like

Wow, I ended up here because I had found cached copies of every single video ever downloaded from the cameras to android devices, even though they had been deleted from the base and from the download location on the android they were found in the android app directory. So, while Eufy, without notifying us, has started deleting files from the base automatically after three months their sloppy app development and general management might let them persist forever unbeknownst to users. more details here: Saving Video to Folders

Also, thanks to the various have comment here. Misery loves company… and validation. I was wondering if this company could be trusted and if I was being too hard on them but clearly they cannot be trusted for the reasons described by people in this thread as well failing to notify us about the deletion of our files or about the intrusion into our cameras by other people (which actually occurred once) as well as persistent eternal cache of private videos on handheld device. What a mess!