On a scale of 1-10 how satisfied are you with your eufy Security experience?

A solid 1, and that’s being generous. I recently purchased: 5 x Pro 2K cameras, 2 x Wireless 2K doorbell, 1 x HomeBase 2. Currently in the process of dismantling the whole setup for return and refund. Why?

1. I wanted to use the cloud storage as a backup in case the HomeBase 2 was taken in the event of a burglary. The service is frankly laughable:

a) Recordings to the cloud are only in 1080P which would be bad enough in the era of widespread 4K streaming except…

b) Enabling cloud storage also forces local recordings to 1080P for no apparent reason. Not disclosed anywhere.

c) Canceling the cloud storage service still leaves the local recordings hobbled at 1080P until the subscription expires. No option to just stop the service immediately. Oh and no support on the weekends to try and resolve this either.

d) The doorbells cannot record to the cloud even though they record to HomeBase 2 just as the cameras do. On the plus side it means that they’re not stuck at 1080P resolution.

Really, if I wanted to record in 1080P then I would have bought 1080P cameras. Why is this considered acceptable when Eufy’s main competitor has a 4K recording plan?

1. The cloud service for the whole hour that I had it enabled was - how can I put this nicely - “spotty”. I deliberately triggered 12 recordings, all of which were stored locally, and only 1 of which actually made it to the cloud. 8.33% success rate. Please don’t try and blame my internet connection. It’s 300Mbps down / up and the HomeBase 2 is connected directly to the router via ethernet. All cameras show a signal strength of “Great”.

2. Automations are also iffy. I had motion on the front yard camera set to trigger recording on the driveway camera, and vice-versa. It worked maybe 50% of the time.

I get the feeling that this is a community being used as beta testers for a not-particularly-serious product. Very disappointing.

1 Like

I have the same problem it’s driving me mad

Gave it a 2. I have the indoor pan and tilt + the outdoor floodlight. In terms of functionality, they get a resounding 10. But the fact that the floodlight almost never picks up motion (day or night) and the pan and tilt virtually never picks up anything after dark makes these cams useless and scores a 1. Since they are so unreliable, I’ve weighted the low score much more heavily, ending up with an overall 2. Both of mine are being returned and after much research I’ve decided to try another brand.

Gave it a 3. Missing movement. No google integration. Free and local storage going for it.

A solid 5. They could easily raise this with some simple software modifications. Even with every current hardware limitation unchanged. Even without improvements to the current AI.

Wanna CHAT Eufy?? …. I have my list ready.

Cannot do a simple thing like change e-mail address. This is the dark ages. They need to come into the modern era. Not happy! Have to start a new account and begin all over. Not convenient when one has to go to another location and start taking things apart. NOT HAPPY!!!

I gave it a 2/10. Here’s why.

• Unable to live view more than one camer.
  • Live view times out after a few minutes, so totally useless.
  • Need to still go into the android app to get a code to use the web app. What is the point of this?
  • Not capable of quickly switching cameras on live view.