One Button Mode Switch - Group Cameras

CANT STRESS ENOUGH HOW NEEDED THIS IS!!! I have 3 indoor cameras, and the security base station and an outdoor camera. Every time I leave and enter I have to set the 3 indoor cameras seperately. I have 5 Wyze cameras at a different location and they have done this since the start, for $20 a camera.

please eufy stop ignoring this request and get it implemented. I am a developer and this is not a hard thing to implement.

8 Likes

Geofencing has been unreliable. I spend a lot of time switching all my cameras to home/away/night mode.
Really would like to see this simple update to the app. I will buy more cameras if I don’t have to do a bunch of clicking every time I switch modes. Especially if it was a widget.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Installed the eufy alarm and that works fine. i was very suprised that there is no intigration between the keyboard homebase and the camera’s. very hard requested change.

I echo this request, as well. I moved from Arlo to Eufy largely because I really wanted to support the company and their efforts. But not having the ability to simply (either through voice or one-touch) say “Arm my Home Security” or something to that effect and ALL of me (currently 7) devices all Arm at once (vs. me having to go into each one 7 different times when my wife and I are leaving the house to Arm…and have to repeat the process when we return) is EXTREMELY inconvenient. Do your loyal customers a favor and add this integration soon, Eufy.

5 Likes

Ditto for me. I have 18 cameras and three homebase 2. A mix of Eufycam 2, 2 pro, 2C, floodlight 2 pro’s and indoor 2K cams. I have to manually arm/disarm each homebase then each of the remaining cameras individually that do not use the homebase.

The ability to arm/disarm all and for multi homebase integration is what I want to see.

4 Likes

Still waiting for this feature.

3 Likes

I just bought a set of Eufy cameras and I’m quite surprised this function doesn’t exist yet. I have a software/IT background and I really can’t understand why not. Please add this function or let us know why it isn’t being added.

2 Likes

Being able to arm and disarm with one coordinated user input fundamental feature to any alarm ‘system’. The fact I cannot synchronise the multiple devices I have to one master (the hub) and control them all from one app menu and/or the keypad is baffling and hugely frustrating. I switched from Simplisafe to Eufy recently and I’m now regretting that decision! Eufy, please address this as soon as possible as it’s stopping me from wanting to expand my system and making me consider returning it in full, and I’m sure it’s the same for many others.

2 Likes

Have you tried Geofencing?

I used it today and said once I enter/leave a certain radius use “Home” or “Away”.

I then select all the devices that should detect motion and then sound an alarm on the Homebase only.

It worked, accidentally! As it did not detect when I arrived home and sounded the alarm.

Camera grouping is a must. I really hope that Eufy adds that feature soon. Geofencing just burns too much phone battery.

4 Likes

Hi,

I just echo this is mandatory.
A security system should work as a “system”… not as standalone devices!
I have eufy homebase+3 outdoor camera+ keypad+3motion and there no chance to activate from keypad or app the others 3 indoor cameras!
Please also consider to add external siren to your offer (as Netatmo, Ring, Somfy and other manufacturer already do)

4 Likes

So sad. Eufy has great cameras, best battery life, and a nice app. But the inability to group cameras and arm/disarm them as a group is a HUGE drawback. And, again, sad because I know as an app developer myself this is really easy to implement. I may end up dumping Eufy for Wyze because the system becomes unmanageable if you add a lot if devices. Tragic flaw - I’d think you’d want your customers to buy more devices but if they’re impossible to manage they won’t.

4 Likes

This is a fundamental requirement. Why is there no grouping in the app now after this update?

4 Likes

Totally agree with the need for this option. I had a first camera, all working fine, now I have purchased 3 more to have all my house secured with eufy and I find myself having to switch on and off manually 4 cameras. Geofencing is not an option because I want to create a “night mode” for when I’m at home. Schedule is also not an option because we don’t go to bed at the same time.
Please EUFY implement this option!

4 Likes

Just added a outdoor cam to my homebase system to only find out what you all have said here…VERY disappointed!! I’ve noticed that Eufy seems to not have a clear vision for their products. All about components that connect to homebase…now all about stand alone components Eufy just support the people that have been buying your products and listen to the customers wishes!!!

4 Likes

+1 add this feature

1 Like

I just bought all Eufy cameras multiple outside and indoor for extra security only now after setting it up I find out I have to MANUALLY switch every camera to away. This is garbage. Unless I get a confirmation that this is getting fixed I’m returning all of this crap and going with a competitor. This thread has been going on for 2 YEARS AND STILL NO FIX. Rarely have I ever seen a company be so incredibly incompetent at providing basic features.

2 Likes

Same confusion here.
For my purposuses Eufys Cameras are great. I have already 2 inside and had a plan to get another 4 for outside with video intercom and flood light as well to have full cover for my land. I was thinking as well of alarm system, to connect it all together into one system.
So my plan was that whenever me or my life and doughter leave home, we just arm whole security system with one button, on Smart phone or door keyboard. If I cant do that in so simple way, all investment for over 1500euro, will have to go somewhere else unfortunately. Im another person who hope it will be added, one button Cameras switch and alarm connection. Like all eufy Cameras, sensora could be added to “My House” and then I can arm it by button on alarm keyboard, phone and disarm it do Simple as well.
Cant wait for reply from Eufy Support.
Best regards

Definitely a needed feature arm all devices in one button. Rather than device by device.

1 Like

How is this still an issue in 2022. It’s literally a joke.

1 Like