Outdoor Siren Please!

I have mailed Eufy and the are saying that there will not come a external siren for inside or outside.

2 Likes

When the external siren comes out, I would like to be able to trigger the siren as a panic alarm. Also the option to trigger just the external siren and not the Home base 2.

This would be a great option and feature.

9 Likes

I love Eufy kit. Have 7 cameras, 2k doorbell and many internal sensors, keypad etc. But an alarm system without an external siren is not an alarm system.

If no siren is coming then unfortunately time to ditch Eufy and look elsewhere 🥲

8 Likes

Hi,

Please see the email in this thread where your colleagues have said there will not be an external siren

Is that the latest status? People need answers please.

7 Likes

I also want an external siren!

I really like EUFY products. Up to a year without charge. Excellent build quality. Easy to setup and monitor.

The absence of an external siren just seems like a complete mistake. What were your product managers thinking when designing this offering?

9 Likes

I throughly agree, we need an outdoor siren. I have quite an extensive eufy security setup, which is pretty useless without a siren. How can ring and other manufacturers see the need for such a siren, yet eufy fails to.and even worse, ignores the requests of its customers.
Time to cut loses, ditch the system, and buy ring.

8 Likes

I was very happy with my Eufy system but because they do not seem bothered about producing an external siren for their security system I might have to cut my losses and get rid of Eufy products and go for a system that has a siren, the present setup even with the camera set to alarm is useless the sound is not loud enough so come on Eufy RD department get your finger out and produce an external siren because you will be losing existing and future customers if you dont.

8 Likes

An outdoor siren is essential for a hone security system.

I have built my own with a 12V WIFI relay to trigger it and a strobe however Eufy does not even send al alert to Alexa when the alarm is triggered so I am yet to figure our how I am going to trigger the siren.

8 Likes

Well I’ve now ditched Eufy and installed a Boundary system, complete with dual outdoor sirens. I miss the simplicity of the Eufy app and integration with the CCTV cameras but the Boundary sustem is pretty damn good and sirens are damn loud. Just don’t like the Ring kit.

6 Likes

why no outdoor siren with simple a simpke led light blinking when armed. seems to me the basic in alarm system.
would you buy a car with no wheels…

4 Likes

Wow … quite a thread for just a few sirens.
Well it looks like Eufy’s not interested. It seems like a take it or leave it deal.
I might just try and sell my cameras/homebase and ditch Eufy for another system.

I’ve read about Simplisafe. Any other recommendations people?

6 Likes

Well I’m afraid, Eufy, you have lost another customer. With your reluctance to acknowledge this thread, yet alone listen to your customers needs and requests for an outdoor siren, I have removed all my cameras, they are now for sale on ebay.
What use is a home security system without an alarm?
Hopefully others will follow, and Eufy will finally wake up and listen.

7 Likes

i agree, just sent eufy a query

hi eufy
i have puchased eufy cam2 pro and security pack ( sensors and keypad security)

Now i really think that the sirens are way too low is there any way to add and outdoor siren.
i know you dont do them but could you at least tell me if there is any outdoor siren that would be compatible…
why no outdoor siren available…? ( to me it is a basic item in a home security system)

second question…
i set up automation but it seems that when automations are set up they do apply to all mode.
Is there any way to have automations to be set up diferently for different mode.

exemple
system in mode away: when camera 1 detected movement camera 2 record and base alarm trigger

system in mode home: when camera 1 detected movement camera 2 record base NO alarm trigger in base

thank you ( outdoor siren is really a must, see reolink, somfy, ring and many more they do have them)

7 Likes

I fully agree with missing a siren. Is there no DIY solution for that, like a noice activated siren, when it ¨hears¨ the alarm on the homebase it activates the siren. I have already been looking for it on the internet but did not find till now.

Or somebody has a different idea. Eufy told me by email, siren will only be available as it is now…on the homebase. So maybe we have to get creative.

8 Likes

By the way, an alarm sound on the app would also be a big help. Cause i can not here the alarm on the homebase when I am in my bed. Ajax systems app triggers a very loud alarm on your mobile phone by their app…that would help a lot. We only get a notificacion and a little sound.

5 Likes

Eufy seems to be a company that sells its products then forgets the customers who bought them, all they think of is trying to sell more going by the adverts and not rectifying existing problems like the external siren which many have asked for and they were ignored and the recent problem with the 28/09/2021 firmware update which broke the camera functions and inctrases battery drain only for them to come up with stories like relocating all camera positions Eufy support are a joke and i am so sorry that their system was used. Come on Eufy start sorting out your existing customers problems.

7 Likes

https://sancla.com/hacking/inside-the-eufy-homebase-2/

maybe interesting for the DIY people. As Eufy does not give us any response on the siren.

6 Likes

If eufy makes just one Smart Plug, which can be connected to Homebase. Then we could run that over automation. Then a siren can be connected to that plug.

5 Likes

Sorry to say everyone but it clearly is not going to happen :unamused:. I’ve now moved to the Boundary system with dual outdoor sirens and highly recommend it. I just received the below in an email from eufylife support.

`Thank you for contacting Eufy customer support.

We sincerely apologized for the inconvenience caused. Really sorry to say that we don’t have the plan to offer an external siren option at present.

We much appreciated for your valuable feedback. You know, design a product like a journey, we always upgrade our product per client’s voice and preference. I will forward your idea to our engineers for a more user-friendly system function so as to keep up with our clients’ expectation and trust.

If by any chance you have any questions or concerns about our product, please feel free to reach out to us and we will gladly assist you to the best of our ability `

6 Likes

Ok, thanks for that, i will move to an ajax system.

4 Likes