Patrol Mode for Pan and Tilt Cameras

How about a patrol mode for the cameras that pan and tilt?

Something that looks around, possibly randomized to prevent nefarious individuals from predicting the camera movement.

9 Likes

I’d really like to see a patrol function. One where you can specify places to cycle between for the PTZ, say two doors that enter a room and get it to cycle back and forward between the two

2 Likes

Bump. This would fix my biggest gripe with it. It simply doesnt cover the whole room so it misses some events. Havjng it pan for a set a mount of degrees periodically would fix this issue. A patrol mode seems like a feature that seems just right for a camera that can look around on its own.

I’m so surprised to learn this feature doesn’t already exist for the eufy pan+tilt. The biggest competitors already have it. Wyze pan+tilt has waypoints seen here, and Switchbot pan+tilt also has waypoints seen here which even integrate with their motion sensors to direct the camera towards wherever motion is detected. It seems like a must-have feature for a pan+tilt cam.

1 Like

Wow yeah that is exactly what this camera needs. The waypoints thing may be a bit advanced but honestly I mean this camera can already follow people around so it cant be that hard to write bit of code to pan just a little when no one is around until it finds a target to capture.

Heck im almost considering buying an arduino and some servos to make a moving platform to make this feature a thing.