Petition for open source API's, a Dev share program, and direct App to hardware communication

Signed!

1 Like

Yes please

3 Likes

+1
Definitively something that we need.

2 Likes

Pull your finger out and make this happen eufy. Feel like there’s never any progress with the software. Give the community what it needs and watch your business grow!

2 Likes

I fully support this! Great product but limited by a lack of API or IFTTT access.

1 Like

Openning the api is a great idea, just received my indoor 2K, will be great to integrate it without all other things
Open the API ! :smile:

1 Like

I could not agree more and I have emailed Eufy similar requests directly. For what it’s worth, I would have spent much more money on Eufy products if I were allowed to interface with them directly and create my own software around them. As is, the hardware is very limited due to the software. Get it together, Eufy, and let the community build the things you can’t or won’t build.

3 Likes

Yes, all of this yes!

1 Like

We need this yesterday!

1 Like

Please implement it’s much needed!

1 Like

Just bought a smart lock. Love the product. An API would make it better. I would integrate it into my Home Assistant.
Thanks.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

+1, just started with home assistant, bought the doorbel, and need more cameras. If there will be no integration I would look for another brand.

1 Like

+1
Great idea

1 Like

I completely agree. I have one device and I like the hardware. I won’t buy any more until/unless there is a REST interface. The packaged software will never cover the wide and interesting things people want to do with this kind of kit. Devs like me will openly integrate it with lots of other systems making the devices much more attractive to technical and nontechnical people alike, for free! Why would you not do this? It’s a no-brainer!

1 Like

+1

This would be a market differentiator for Eufy!

1 Like

Adding my support for this.

1 Like

You have a market leading product that could boot the others outta the park with an open API so that integration could be made with various home automation systems etc.

+1

1 Like

+1

I’m pretty sure there are more people like me that before buying a new piece of equipment first google to see if the equipment is supported in openHab, HomeAssistant, etc… Offer an API an the developer communities of those systems will have the add-ons ready in no time.

2 Likes

Very odd that a home automation company is preventing customers from automating their homes.

6 Likes