Post here when you get the firmware update that enables thumbnail notifications for your Eufy 2c/2 cameras!

Awesome! Unfortunately, it’s been a few days and only that one Homebase updated. Still waiting on the other ones… :man_facepalming:t2:

I only have one Homebase so all good :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Still waiting for the Homebase 2 update! Could I ask where you are based in the world? Wonder how Eufy makes updates? Countries?

I live in New Jersey USA.

Where do you live?

here in Italy NO update yet.

Germany
Still no update

Based in Melbourne, Australia. Really hoping we in Australia get the updates soon, fingers crossed. Do the preview notifications work? Do they take longer to receive than just the text notifications? Stay safe!

is it possible to see a screenshot of the notification sent by the app???

If you have Eufy’s doorbell or indoor camera, the notifications work the same. I have three cameras on my updated homebase and I now get access to a picture along with the alert. It is much easier to quickly see why the notification came through instead of watching the entire video footage. However, still waiting on my other bases to update.

I wish mine wouldn’t have automatically updated. Here’s a short version of what I’ve gone through with the Eufy pushed update.
Homebase 2 (original)
05-15 HB2 V2.0.7.8h updated successfully
05-28 HB2 V2.0.9.8h updated successfully
06-16 HB2 V2.1.0.5h updated successfully
07-13 HB2 V2.1.0.9h updated successfully
08-13 HB2 V2.1.1.9h updated successfully
08-31 HB2 V2.2.1.2h update wasn’t successful (loop)
Homebase 2 (replacement)
10-07 HB2 V2.1.2.0h updated successfully (setup)
10-12 HB2 V2.1.2.8h update was unsuccessful

I don’t know why all of a sudden my updates for the Homebase 2 are not competing via the automatic pushed updates from Eufy when all the others before worked fine? I haven’t made any changes to my network with equipment or updates so that has been the same since I started using the Eufy 2C camera/Homebase 2 setup.

I have a wired doorbell and it has updated just fine and works perfectly.

I wish I had the option to update or not at this point and I hope everyone else has successful updates.

Contact Eufy. Possible corrupt, problem with your Homebase’s.

I got the base station firmware update last night and now the thumbnail is included on the lockscreen notifications

FYI, afterwards I did need to go to each camera and change the notification settings from ‘text only’ to ‘image included’.

One observation so far, I noticed that only about 60% of the lockscreen notifications have the thumbnails included, and the other 40% look like the previous ones with text only.

I got the base station firmware update last night and now the thumbnail is included on the lockscreen notifications
FYI, afterwards I did need to go to each camera and change the notification settings from ‘text only’ to ‘image included’.
One observation so far, I noticed that only about 60% of the lockscreen notifications have the thumbnails included, and the other 40% look like the previous ones with text only.

great! they are SLOWLY push the update for everyone.

SLOWLY is the right word :smile::wink:

Still waiting for the update! Still on 2.1.2.2h! Eufy support said I will be updated to 2.1.2.8h in 24, 36hrs, that was almost a week ago. And still no 2FA? Why?

Last night I received the 2.1.2.8h update on the homebase.
It also includes the new door sensor settings!

Should it work right away, when the settings have been changed?
I set the thumbnail for all my cameras, restarted the homebase, but no thumbnail is included on any…

contact the eufy customer service, thet will manually push the update to your account.

Received HB update today. With thumbnail notifications 2c. :raised_hands:t2:. The Netherlands :netherlands:

1 Like

Netherland… :unamused::joy::wink:

I‘m still waiting (Germany)

Hi @John0

Now that you have the new firmware, you have to go to each camera settings, then notifications, there you’ll see the option to include images in notification.

Thanks!

1 Like