Request failed - Forbidden 403 trying to camera via IOS app

I have Homebase 2 with doorbell camera controlled from latest EUFY security app on iPhone IOS15.6. I also have 3 Indoor Cam 2K Pan and Tilt cameras on same setup bought since end March 2022 . These cameras all had an auto FW update end July 2022. While I was away I turned them off from the app but when I came back they had no WIFI so I could not connect from the app to turn them on. I tried power off/on of cameras and this did not help. I removed the cameras from the app, did a reset of the cameras, but now when I execute the process to add them back in all I get at QR scan is “request failed - Forbidden 403” .This happens on all 3 cameras and manual add by code beside QR gives same issue. Restarting the app and the phone makes no difference. The door bell works OK.
Prior to this my install was rock solid.
I got a brand new 4th Indoor Cam 2K Pan and Tilt camera and tried to add it from the app with same issue. In addition I have:
• Updated FW in home router and rebooted it.
• Uninstalled app on iPhone and reinstalled it – both with and without 2FA
• Changed my eufy user login password.
• Made sure my login was all lower case on PC and app.
• Tired to add camera when phone was on cellular not local WIFI
Can anyone advise please?
Thank you.

Try clearing the eufy apps cache. I know you reinstalled the app but sometimes the cache is kept.

Thank you. I tried that but it did not work.

Hi there
Had this problem today as I was adding a second pan and tilt camera. Kept getting the error message 403
Called support they could not figure it out
I tried the following
Reset camera
Unplug camera
Deleted app
Reset network
Tried cellular without Wi-Fi
Nothing worked

Finally did two things, not sure which one helped

1. disconnected camera from power and only plugged it when the app told me so in the set up

2. Turned off VPN (because apparently a 403 error means you are not allowed to access this site) and I just returned from Europe !! So maybe my VPN was showing being in Europe which would cause the error

Suddenly it worked. Now both cameras are connected
Hope this helps
Try it