Round-the-Clock Solar Power for Your eufyCam

Just ordered one! Thank you

Looks pretty good

When will this be available in Canada?

Germany is ready, check the link: https://www.amazon.de/eufy-Certified-Compatible-Continuous-Weatherproof/dp/B08L3NN3W2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=eufyCam+Solar+Panel&qid=1611730339&sr=8-3

I am very keen to know when this is available in Australia

1 Like

So what circuity is in here for the mark up over a $25 panel that has lithium cells in it? If I am reading the does not have capacity to store up energy that could then be used to recharge the device when it sees more hits at night. It seems this panel would only top off the battery the next day.

What’s your point? Battery lasts for months without charging. One night of heavy duty won’t hurt. Normal charging via USB takes up 8 to 12 hours so the solar panel will easily keep up the pace.

The latest app has an option at the bottom of the device Power Manager called Power Source. If you select Solar, it will cycle the charging to avoid overcharging the batteries.

Mostly just curious. Some of us do live in areas were you do not get much sunlight for 3-4 months so in those cases the normal triggers can be a big drain. I have tested some solar panels that have a decent size set of batteries and those charge up and then it will charge the camera giving me a enough extra battery to cover the dark months without needing to climb a ladder. I am not saying the panel is not worth it, but I am trying to understand what extra tech is in there since it seems that it is actually a camera firmware update that does the charging magic so maybe you can pair the cameras with other panels and still have good luck.

Hope its coming to Netherlands quicky , still no sign of them here

Still waiting to hear when/if it will be available in Australia.

I’ve only had my cameras for 2.5 months and already coming up to needing second recharge on one of them. I’d really like a panel on that one to save having to get up on a ladder every month to unscrew it, bring it in to recharge, then set it back up again afterwards.

I’ve gotten four of the dollar panels showen above at least they look like those.cant read German but did order through Amazon so more than likely back to panels I have my cameras pointed at high traffic areas so to say I have unwanted hits that’s no joke the camera with the least amount of detection is 89 detections but because I got good lighting around my home and I don’t use the night vision or black and white so the ai still works so out of 89 detection it recorded 5 and only 1 was caused by a car not to mention I’ve had these about 4 mounts now and before I got the panels I was climbing my ladder every other week my best advice is to bite the bullet and get the panels just don’t forget to change the settings in power settings to solar panel or you will get a blue blinking light and it will overcharge your camera so don’t forget hope this helps if anyone has any questions feel free to reach out and I’ll try and get back to you asap