RTSP for Eufy Doorbell 2K

I am waiting too. I must admit I am disappointed because I thought it would be available by now.

Fix the audio delay issues too and make the alexa integration slicker and more reliable.

2 Likes

+1 RTSP support. Very disappointing. Who today stores all videos on the doorbell that can be easily removed, promises RTSP and not delivers anything. About to post Youtube review of this

2 Likes

+1 RTSP

While I’m disappointed this is delayed to 2021, I work in software and know how these things go.

None the less, I do trust this is important for the team and want to encourage them to continue the great work! Still one of the top doorbells on the market.

2 Likes

+1 for RTSP for wireless (but powered) doorbell!

4 Likes

+1 for RTSP on Doorbell 2K!

2 Likes

+1 for RTSP for the wired doorbell. Really looking forward to this functionality

3 Likes

+100 for RTSP! Expected this to be there, disappointed about the missing functionality since it is an absolute “must have”, together with Google Home integration which is also missing. :worried:

3 Likes

+1 for wireless, but powered doorbell

2 Likes

Well … I bought expecting RTSP support. My mistake – it’s going back.

4 Likes

+100 i just built a new home and choose this doorbell specifically because it was both secure and promised RTSP to go along with the Amcrest cameras i have around the house. Adding RTSP is imperative to compete with others in the same market and for many of us, key for home security, not just a ‘doorbell’ adding it’s value.

PLEASE ADD!!!

2 Likes

I doubt it’s going to happen and my return window is fast approaching. They have no incentive to do it. Only a small percentage of us want it and by implementing it they lose out of potential cloud subscribers.

People with open return windows, we have to be realistic here.

1 Like

I dont think it is because of people not moving to their cloud, but because it still has some flaws which they might or might not work out.

I have been running with RTSP enabled on my battery doorbell for some time, but it is still somewhat buggy. To make it workable I had to tweak some of the setting ( e.g. a fixed clip length and turn off the feature to stop recording when motion stops ) because else I had a ton of 1~5 second clips.

2 Likes

+1 for RTSP support.

2 Likes

+1 on option to save to local NAS.

3 Likes

+1 for RTSP for the wired doorbell.

4 Likes

I’ve just emailed support@eufylife.com again to ask about this. I’d suggest everyone who’s keen for RTSP to drop emails also so Eufy are fully aware how important RTSP is for us!

3 Likes

+1 for RTSP support.

3 Likes

They’ve emailed back:

"Sorry to say that for the RTSP, we have not received any information regarding the ETA for RTSP support for the 2k Doorbells yet from our engineers.

We invite you to participate in the community page of our website so you can stay in the loop on all our latest updates.

Thanks again for being part of the Eufy family. "

1 Like

+1 for wanting Eufy to enable RTSP on wired doorbells

2 Likes

+1 for RTSP on all video doorbells

3 Likes