Securing your battery video doorbell

Hi there, I’ve just bought the battery video doorbell. This might be a dumb question, what’s an easy way to ensure it can’t be stolen easily by someone?

2 Likes

I am also looking for an extra way to secure the doorbell. I find the doorbell too vulnerable for robbery.

Yeah I threw the provided screws into the trash and used some long wood screws that I had on hand instead. Mine is mounted to what is effectively a 4x4 post, but anyone with half a clue and a sim removal tool could swipe it. The angle adapter gives them a nice cavity to jam a screwdriver or pry bar too were one so inclined to brute force it… they’d better not let me catch them though.

Thanks for the responses so far. My main concern is anyone being able to dislodge the doorbell from the housing nailed to the wall using a iPhone tool. I would like a response from Eufy on this thread given the chat option is chatting to a bot as far as I can see…!

They need to improve this. With a screw like ring. It’s not a great solution but it’s better then using a pin.

I am going to drill a screw just underneath the doorbell so it will block the pin hole. So anyone thinking of stealing my doorbell will also need a drilling machine.
Not ideal but some extra security.

This is what it looks like after drilling a screw underneath the doorbell. At least it is something of an extra security.

1 Like

Looks good., I haven’t done it yet but I was thinking to use a black plastic block or a piece of wood with a screw through it.

2 Likes

Jonny, you’ve just stated the obvious. When something is easy and efficient may encourage theft. Putting a obstacle even a small one may deter a thief.

If Eufy offered free replacement on theft like Ring does then having such easy dismount is acceptable.

Not sure what you’re selling to me here. I simply stated that doorbell is far easier to remove than others and extra measures would be appreciated. :beers: