Hi, eufy fans,
Grab some popcorn and sit back, it’s time to learn about STORAGE!
Keeping a secure record of all your precious moments is a valuable thing. This is why choosing the right storage option is so important. We are here to help answer some of your most pressing questions when it comes to storage.
We are releasing this 2-part series to guide you through which storage option is right for you. For today’s installment, we will focus on Local Storage and why it remains our top pick for keeping your data safe and secure.
What storage options are available?
Typically there are 3 options when it comes to storage:
- MicroSD card (local storage) - physical removable storage on the device that does not require an internet connection.
- Cloud storage - store your data so it can be accessed from any device via the internet.
- NAS storage - uses a private data storage server that is connected to a computer network.
Which storage option should I choose?
Local Storage (Recommended)
When it comes to eufy Security we tend to recommend MicroSD card storage for all of our devices, as we believe it to be the most secure method. If you already own a MicroSD card or are prepared to purchase one, local storage is the logical choice.
When choosing a MicroSD card try to ensure that the storage capacity is between 16G to 128G and that it has a Speed grade of Class 10 or above. You can see which MicroSD cards we recommend using by going to: Help >Indoor Camera> Storage > what kind of MicroSD card can I use?
We now also offer a cloud storage option for those who prefer to free up physical storage space and don’t mind paying for the privilege. If you feel like this is something you might be interested in you can enjoy a 30-day free trial for your Indoor Cam. If you decide to give cloud storage a test run please consider the following:
- Each video uploaded to the cloud will be kept for 14 DAYS.
- If at any point you voluntarily stop the subscription during the trial period, it will immediately become invalid and cannot be activated again.
- If you are enjoying the trial experience, you can choose to subscribe to the paid service. After subscribing, the paid packages take effect immediately. The storage period of newly uploaded videos depends on the package you subscribe to.
NAS storage is supported(Except for Doorbell and Floodlight now). However by opting for this option you cannot view video records via the eufy Security app.
Why should I use a MicroSD card?
By choosing local storage your data is in your hands. When you use a MicroSD card you can enjoy the following benefits:
- No monthly fee
- Supports continuous recording
- Military-grade data encryption
- It does not rely on your Wifi network
MicroSD Card Maintenance & Usage Tips
To ensure the optimal performance of your MicroSD card please consider the following:
When inserting or removing the MicroSD card it is best to power the device OFF
Replace the MicroSD card after ONE YEAR to prevent the risk of video loss
If you receive the " No Storage Path " prompt, there might be something wrong with your SD card. Check whether it can be successfully connected to the computer.
An Overview of Your Options
You can use this guide and all the information above to help you decide which storage option is best for you.
For our second installment, we will dive into CLOUD STORAGE so keep an eye out over the coming days!
If you have any further questions with regards to storage options please feel free to contact us or comment below.
Our customer service team can be found via the following channels:
1）eufy Security app－>Help－>Live chat/Call us/Feedback
2）Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post
3）Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.
eufy Security Team