Security Made Simple: How do I choose the right storage option for my security?

Agree it will open. Options. However I hope they don’t go the Way of google and try to force their userbase into a proprietary space. That’s why I left Nest. Thermostat, doorbell, and 5 camera in the trash because I use alexa, hubitat, smart things, etc and want flexibility to use products my way. If I want a base station I will get one but shouldn’t need it when I want to use industry standard RTSP on a camera I purchased to write to a QNAP nas I have monitoring on QVS Pro or Blue Iris and upload to my own azure or amazon cloud space. There will be some that go all in on Eufy camera and base station and cloud service. But it’s a weak product if it doesnt allow flexible use in today’s world where there ar 50 ways to do anything. We need intergration and flexibility not rigid proprietary “we feel our way gives the best …” approach. I have 3 cheap $30 Wyse Cameras on order cause they do what much more expensive nest, ring, Eufy doorbell (hopefully this comes off the list soon) cant… give me the choice to use the product my way.

4 Likes

Does Cloud Storage work on all Eufy Cameras or only the indoor cameras? Sometimes I cannot view my recorded footage because it is stored locally and my internet is running slow. I’m thinking of getting it. Thanks.

Hi,eufy Camera also supports cloud storage, you can subscribe to the cloud storage package that you preferred on the Android APP or the official background system
(https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login).
if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.:grin:

Hey @sam166 the eufyCam which is the main stream seller for eufy does support RTSP and NAS storage, so that will give you those option to save to your own cloud.
The new indoor cam, not sure if they support RTSP. @Yanyee1 @AnkerSupport @Mengdi please confirm.

Hi,the Indoor Cam does support RTSP, If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team.:grinning:

2 Likes

Right, you don’t need to buy a Homebase to experience Indoor Cam.:blush:

1 Like

You don’t need to buy a Homebase to experience the Indoor Cam, would be easier~

1 Like

As soon as the doorbell supports RTSP it will meet many requirements. From support ticket I opened after installing the doorbell and realizing RTSP wasnt available I was told it should be implemented on doorbell in a couple months. I hope that is true. I’d love to have a cam vendor that supports all the storage options across their entire product line. RTSP is a standard that opens functionality and flexibility.

6 Likes

Hello,

Can anyone tele how i can replace the sd card in the homebase2 for a bigger one

Greetz

R vd heijden

3 Likes

Homebase 2 doesn’t have an SD card, storage isn’t replaceable

1 Like

No SD card, internal storage only and not replaceable.

1 Like

Well unfortunately I pulled my eufy doorbell down and replaced it with an amcrest doorbell. The eufy camera, app, and community are better but amcrest gives me RTSP out of the box. So even though it is motion based and doesnt do 24/7 (like the eufy) I am recording 24X7 to my nas, can upload to whatever cloud service I choose and can Integrate it into my home automation system.

Very disappointed that eufy hasn’t implemented this capability across its entire portfolio of camera. Even the $30ish Wyze cameras provide an unsupported use at risk RTSP firmware version.

I will keep the Eufy in a drawer and when / if RTSP is made available I will go back to it. Until then, I’m going with a product that let’s me use it the way I want instead of being forced into yet another hub or cloud service or vulnerable on-product memory.

5 Likes

Hi,

You said the indoor cam supports connected to the router directly for recording. I am using Netgear Nighthawk R7900P router. Can you tell me how to save my 2k indoorCam recording files on my router ?

Thanks,

Johnny

Thanks for your answer. But why #26 from AnkerSupport says "Hey guys!

To address your concern, the IndoorCam supports connected to the Router directly for recording.

The good news is the Homebase connection will be support in June/July.

Hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time."

Yes that is the exact reason why I got this camera as someone told me I can use USB to connect more storage but that was not the case. Please turn on the USB local stotage option and it will make this camera even more attractive than its competitors.

2 Likes

Well we are way past June or July for local homebase2 storage option!. Also could everyone stop saying SD Memory because it’s not it is soldered to the board so it’s not SD for anyone thinking it is.

1 Like

Eufy really need to have a more unified roadmap for all of their products. Feel like they have 20 product owners each working in vacuum so product A doesn’t know what product B is doing etc. Additionally, it feels like each product also have a separate code base and that each product is working separately when it comes to dealing with bugs or rolling out new features. Forget about rolling out buggy new products (yes yes we get it…you want additional revenue streams) and stabilize your existing products before most of your existing users will leave with a bad taste in their mouth. It might be time to invest in refactoring and streamlining your code base so that you can fix bugs and roll out new features across your products more easily.

I would love to buy more Eufy products, but I stopped after the initial wired doorbell and its lack of storage options (battery wireless doorbell works with home base while the wired doorbell doesn’t?). Lotsa ppl are clamoring for RTSP and Homekit support while others want more storage options/capabilities. Eufy would be a solid ecosystem if it focuses on these 3 across ALL/MOST of their products.

8 Likes

Is the micro sd in the Homebase unit? If so, where does it plug in.

1 Like