Security Made Simple: Is cloud storage right for you?

Hi, eufy fans,

It’s STORAGE time again.:beers:

In the last installment we looked into what storage options are available to you for your security products. We discussed how local storage is our top choice when it comes to security.

Today we are going to take a closer look at CLOUD STORAGE.:thought_balloon:
Cloud storage always seems to be a hot-button topic. We are always being asked questions like::face_with_monocle:

"Why should I pay for Cloud Storage?”, “Is it really safe?”, “What are the benefits of storing my data in the cloud?”

Fear not, we are here to walk you through all these questions, and more!

Before we get started, what are your initial feelings towards ”Cloud storage”?

• A. I like it!:smile:
  • B. I am not familiar with it.:no_mouth:
  • C. It is not worth the trouble.
  • D. I do not trust it!:ghost:
  • E. I have no opinion.:zipper_mouth_face:
0 voters

What is cloud storage? :thought_balloon:

Cloud storage allows you to store your data so it can be accessed “anytime, anywhere” from any device via the internet. It is a cloud computing model that stores data on the Internet through a cloud computing provider who manages and operates data storage as a service.

What are the benefits of using cloud storage?

• No overwriting limit :laughing:

• It does not use up your built-in storage space

• More options for personalization

• No SD card is required

Can I trust cloud storage:question:

The following measures are taken to ensure to maximize safety::male_detective:

• All footage and data is subject to military-grade encryption as it is uploaded to the cloud

• All videos are stored on AWS cloud servers, which are recognized as being the most reliable cloud service provider in the world

• Video can only be played through the eufy Security app, and each URL is only valid for 12 hours

• Both the URL address and the video footage are encrypted and transmitted for download and sharing. After decryption via the eufy Security app, downloads are saved in the user’s mobile phone album in MP4 format before being processed.

Tips for new cloud storage users:

eufy Security Indoor Cam users can now get a one-time free trial with each account they set up. Get a feel for how cloud storage works and see if you think it is right for you with 30 days for free!:confetti_ball::tada:

Here are some the details of the free trial:

• Each video uploaded to the cloud will be kept for 14 days.

• If at any point you voluntarily stop the subscription during the trial period, it will immediately become invalid and cannot be activated again.

• If you are enjoying the trial experience, you can choose to subscribe to the paid service. After subscribing, the paid packages take effect immediately, and the trial packages expire. The storage period of newly uploaded videos depends on the package you subscribe to.

We hope this basic overview of Cloud Storage :thought_balloon: has been useful to you.:smile:

If you have any further questions with regards to storage options please feel free to contact us or comment below.:point_down:

Our customer service team can be found via the following channels:

1)eufy Security app-> Help > Live chat/Call us/Feedback

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

:face_with_monocle:For more official tutorials, please click here!

4 Likes

If I wanted cloud storage I would have gone with another company. The local storage and security of the eufy cams are the REASON I went with Eufy. Y’all are making me concerned that in the future local storage options will either not be available or cloud storage will be in some form mandated. Please don’t follow the trends of other companies.

152 Likes

The reason why I bought into eufy security it’s the fact that the data is stored locally. How about being able to hide the data somewhere in house verses Have it on a server somewhere on the planet. Think!!!

70 Likes

I’m all for it, but would like 2fa to be implemented prior to me signing up.

Thanks!

9 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. Of course not. Local storage is always our main storage method. Cloud storage only appears as a way to meet more personalized needs.:smile:

14 Likes

NAS storage is believed to be a good choice for you. At present, we can also support this storage method.:slightly_smiling_face:You can choose a private NAS server to store all data. For an introduction to NAS storage, you can check another post "Security Made Simple: How do I choose the right storage option for my security ? "If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.:grin:

9 Likes

I think cloud storage is a good option for some; however, the reason I chose eufy over your competitors is because you prioritize local storage.

I do not want video of my home in the cloud, period. I hope that this is not a sign of things to come for the overarching product line, but rather another option for those that want it.

51 Likes

Here is a thought. How about making the doorbell chime connectable to the homebase. Have the alarm sound go through that device. Let us hide the home base in a location that is not easily found and therefore have our own cloud so to speak.
For all the daredevils among us, have the cloud as an option but keep building on local storage.

15 Likes

You are right! We provide three types of storage methods: Local storage, NAS storage, Cloud storage, it is indeed to meet the needs of different users, you can choose according to your favorite.:smile:

4 Likes

I hope you are right. However, I’ve had companies leave behind their original customers and act like nothing really changed. It may be an “of course not” now, but when the answers to this survey show 80% in the “I like it!” category, I wonder how committed Eufy will be to local storage. The fact that the cloud is even an option makes a slow transition in customer base possible. I understand that companies need to make money. I also understand that the way a company markets itself determines its customer base.

17 Likes

Cloud storage isn’t available with external cams such as 2C I’m assuming? Certainly despite the menu item being present in the App it doesn’t actually do anything or go anywhere.

2 Likes

The whole reason I went with Eufy was to get away from cloud storage services. I got rid of my Ring cameras because I didn’t want to pay the mandatory cloud service fees anymore. Plus I didn’t like the fact that they, or anyone else - like the police, could view my videos without my knowledge.

Just make it where I can plug a 1TB SSD directly into the HomeBase for additional storage. That’s something I’d be truly interested in.

50 Likes

Cloud storage has only one purpose - the ability to charge customers monthly fees.

21 Likes

Different storage methods are provided to meet different personalized storage needs. You can choose any one according to your preferences,will not force requirements.
For example, the advantages of local storage are local security and are not affected by the network. The advantages of cloud storage are No hardware overwrite life limit, etc., NAS storage can achieve private storage in the cloud.
If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.:blush:

Hi,Mark, eufy Camera also supports cloud storage.
Android phones can choose cloud storage packages on the app, if it is an Apple phone, you can log in to our official background system to subscribe. (https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login).
If you have any operational problems, please feel free to contact our customer service team.:blush:

Please focus on smart home integration with smartthings, ifttt and home kit. You all out it on your boxes and then just dropped it. Why do people have to beg for this.

6 Likes

Do you try your own advice? All that link does is take you to the AppStore to download the app that already doesn’t go ANYWHERE on the cloud storage option. Is this NOT available for 2C cam, but an appalling UI leads me to believe it is?

1 Like

eufy Cam 2C does supports cloud storage. You can log in to our official background system to subscribe. (https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login ). If you have any question about it, feel free to contact our customer team via support@eufylife.com, they will do their best to help you.:blush: