Security system that is reliable would be nice

I wish the security system I spent over $700 on would work consistently. HomeBase E with three cameras, three door sensors and a doorbell cam. Door sensors only work if I reboot the HomeBase about daily.

1 Like

I believe I said almost the exact same thing about a month ago. Ugh!!

1 Like

I’ll give it a couple weeks and if things don’t get better I’ll send it back. Might have to resort to a monthly subscription type service to get the security I’m paying for.

1 Like

I’ve done some research and can’t make up my mind on anything. The Arlo forums are like this one. Full of complaints and the same issues. I trusted YouTube reviews and won’t let that happen again. I’m usually very pessimistic about reviews, but there were several good ones. Apparently they didn’t actually use them.

1 Like

The door sensor and camera I have the most trouble with are less than 15 feet from HB. Now tonight my doorbell cam didn’t send a notification until 1-1/2 hours after the event.
I too am skeptical of online reviews and chose this system after watching many YouTube videos. I feel like a sucker. Back to “word of mouth” only for real opinions.

1 Like

Don;t wait to late and miss getting your money back. I am almost guaranteed Things are not going to get better if anything worst.

2 Likes

Someone has been spotted!

clicks notification

spinning circle

Well played eufy. Well played.

L O F’ing L. Not funny, but your post is funny!!

1 Like

Got a reply this morning to my email request for support and I replied back with all the info they wanted. No answer yet. Already set up to return this stuff to Amazon. I’m looking into Protect America. Some in-laws have had it for several years and they are very happy with it. Sounds like a DIY wireless install system that you pay a monthly fee for monitoring service.

I will definitely look into it.

Even if you get a answer I can almost bet you it will not be a helpful response. I will investigate Protect America.

1 Like

Turns out it is owned by Brinks. More expensive for something with the same features, plus a monthly fee. I had it quoted with a couple things I don’t have now, like indoor motion sensors and smoke/fire/CO alarms. Can install it yourself or pay them to do it all. I’m researching it more myself. Didn’t really want to pay for a monthly service, but I DO want something I can trust.
The hub is a tablet that is powered and the cameras are not wireless. Other sensors are wireless.

1 Like