Set Wifi channel manually at homebase

In houses with several Wifi access points with fixed channel settings, it would significantly reduce interference and signal losses, if it would be possible to manually set the Wifi channel used by the homebase to set up the network to communicate with its connected devices

3 Likes

I second that. I just installed homebase and my normal home wifi network is now reduced in range significantly. A few restarts gets a different channel, but it’s random. Can we please have an advanced setting to be able to set our own wifi channels?

2 Likes

Please, I need such a setting too. I’m using Zigbee devices and at least I need to set forbidden channels or a preferred channel for Homebase 2/eufyCam 2.

Please let users have more control over wifi channels this is driving me nuts. It’s interfering with my standard wifi network. I’d like to be able to move the homebase network over to channel 1 and my regular wifi over to channel 11 so they are as far aweay from each other as possible.

1 Like

This is freaking insane. It’s been 3 years and STILL that silly Homebase 2 picks some random wireless channel each time it boots. And it’s either right on top of the neighbor’s wifi, or on top of the channel we use for other devices/APs. WHY CAN’T YOU LET US PICK A STATIC CHANNEL FOR THE HOMEBASE???

I love Eufy Security products… they are integral to my modern safety practices, relying on stable and high-speed connections for real-time monitoring is non-negotiable. The option to select a WiFi channel is vital for several reasons:

1. Interference Avoidance: WiFi networks often overlap, causing signal interference. Choosing a channel minimizes this, ensuring uninterrupted communication and timely alerts.

2. Bandwidth Allocation: Different channels offer varied bandwidth. Selecting the right one lets critical devices receive more bandwidth, maintaining optimal system performance during network congestion.

3. Security and Privacy: Secure channels prevent data breaches and unauthorized access, ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information.

4. Enhanced User Experience: Uninterrupted monitoring, quick alerts, and responsive remote access build trust in the system’s reliability.

5. Adaptation to Environment: Users can optimize system performance based on local WiFi conditions, ensuring consistent functionality.

Incorporating customizable WiFi channel settings improves overall system efficiency, connectivity, and security, enhancing the value and effectiveness of WiFi security systems.