Smart Home Integration

I recently performed a comparison on several wired and wireless cameras, determining I liked the 2C for most uses and the 2 when a little better image or night vision is needed. Both are great cameras.

I decided to set up my cameras with Google Home Hub and Echo/Alexa. It turns out, all you can do is say “hey google…” or “Alexa…” “show me the driveway”.

What I want is like several other brands offer, in this order of preference:

1. SmartThings integration
    a) Trigger based on a motion event
    b) Trigger when motion is gone, or at least retrieving motion status
    c) Changing all settings from SmartThings
  2. Alexa integration
    a) Trigger just like any generic motion sensor or door/window sensor (camera has to show to Alexa that it is a motion sensor in addition to a camera, not sure how that works).
  3. IFTTT
    a) least favorite, as it can be slow and there is no guarantee the message will make it through
3 Likes

Thank you for reaching out! @dan_eccher

We really appreciate your feedback on these feature requests.

You have our promise that our engineers would work day and night to improve this product and we are glad to have your support and understanding, which would be a huge encouragement for us to seeking continuous improvement.

We will consider the possibility of future development. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

1 Like

There is lot of customization can be done but unfortunately most of it ends up on a new eufyCam version …
For example: HomeKit only available on eufyCam 2

Even with Door sensors, we should be able to customize so when a door is open beyond the set time, should get an alert.
Right now, it just sends a notification when it is open/close, no other customizations.

Actually Apple has very strict requirement for user experience and hardware specifications for HomeKit. Unfortunately the first version of eufyCam cannot fully meet the standard. That’s why it cannot support HomeKit.

For your second question, it will be available when our alarm system matures, you will not wait long.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mengdi
I really wish if there was a retro to the first version. Now I got stuck to my original eufyCam which doesn’t have the HomeKit support.
May be this is a lesson and I shouldn’t support any Kickstarter program any more?
Wait for an year to clear all the bugs out and buy a matured system with upgraded features and great discounts !!

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that IFTTT integration was abandoned on the Anker Community page which would be truly sad as the possibilities for that are endless and not tied to any specific ecosystem.

If I had a say, IFTTT would be the top of the list as far as integrations go since Google and Alexa are already part of IFTTT.

1 Like

From my point of view it would be extremely important (independent of IFTTT or other services) to get a public documentation or a description of your interfaces. The API should be stable and have http endpoints. The data exchange could typically be done via JSON. Maybe this could be the first (lean) step to integrate security items into the user’s smart world.

3 Likes