Solar Panel For Eufy Cameras

We are already working on the solar panel. It will be launch in the next half year.

6 Likes

I gave up on waiting for the solar kit. Depending where your cams are located. It might be better getting hardwired.

I got these cables and had one cam hardwired. I can have it connected 100% or charge it when the battery is low without touching the cam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VFCKR48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi, I simply raised up a roof tile or two with a flat wide blade screwdriver and slide about a 1/2" of the panel bezel underneath, then gently let tile back down. No amount of wind or rain are going to blow these panels off of the roof unless the tiles go with it. :rofl:

1 Like

So far how has this panel been working? Any issues charging?

1 Like

I am waiting for solar panels. My camera battery last only 18 days. If not comes up early then thinking to replace with arlo.

After August (summer) I’ve consistently had the cameras at 97-100% battery. The solar panels work. It’s been raining a lot here in south Florida and the setup continues flawlessly. I’ve had the cameras since March, I haven’t charged them manually yet and they are fully charged. I totally recommend the panels.

5 Likes

Thank you for replying so quickly? I’m ordering the one you recommended now!

Did you have to add a blocking diode to keep the panel from draining the battery?

No. I think there is already one in it.

Hi Amado. Thank you for helping out other folks with the solar panel. I recently purchased the Eufy Cam 2 Pro. Since the USB input on the Eufy cam 2 and Pro is on the back side, did you use any type of water proof silicone to weather proof the input port on the back of the cam? My older camera had an input port at the bottom of the cam and a rubber housing around it. I didnt need to use any silicone on those.
Thanks

@Amado whats the current status of the cameras? Any degradation on it? I’m thinking to apply the same system as you but don’t know if you have had any problem???

I didn’t use any silicone although I wish there was some kind of rubber stop available to help with waterproofing. I’ll check to see if there is any visible damage. It has been raining a lot lately, especially down here in Miami during hurricane season. Cameras are still charging, no damage that I know of. It certainly helps to place the panels where they will be getting a lot of sun. Unfortunately my house faces the sun east and west with other houses blocking the north and south as well as having a roof that hangs.

I try to position the panels where the sun hits around noon. August was a good month with high heat and clear skies. The cameras were constantly at 100%. It’s the beginning of November, lots of rain, and cloudy skies. All four cameras are about 87%. I haven’t charged them manually since I got the cameras since March.

I have had another camera that I returned to Amazon because of its hit or miss motion detection. But that company thought it thoroughly design wise. The input port was at the bottom of the camera with a rubber protection hence protecting the input port from direct rain drop penetration. Eufy here put the input port at the back that in my opinion is a bummer for those that wish to attach a solar panel. Plus I have one of the cams mounted on the gutter mount. Having it mounted that way I can’t plug in the micro usb since port is at the back near to the gutter mounting bracket without enough room.
When I do get the solar panel I plan to use a silicone sealant on input port.

Hello I know there was an update on the solar panel back in September but any update on it being released earlier?

1 Like

Would be great for the cam 2 pro or for all outdoor cams so we don’t have to take them down and charge them

1 Like

Amando, solar panel still charged cam, and a go?

There’s a couple of solar panels listed on Best Buy’s website that say they are for eufys 2K battery doorbell. I’m wondering if these are the new solar panels? They aren’t available until the 23rd for deliver.

Hello,
I was wondering if Eufy plan on making solar panels for the cameras? I love using my Eufycam 2C but would love to have a solar panel as well in the near future. Thank you :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes but will not be so that fast

2 Likes

Mengdi thank you for your response. :grinning: