Spotlight Cam and Google Home

Is the Floodlight Cam camera compatible with Google Home? I’ve added the Eufy Security account to my Google Home app however it only recognises the Floodlight Cam as a light. I am able to control the light (turn on/off and adjust brightness) using the Google Home app, however if i ask it to show the camera “Hey Google, show the Driveway camera”, it says “Sorry, it looks like that device hasn’t been set up yet. You can do that in the Google Home app.”

The firmware on the camera is version 1.0.0.22 and hardware version is 2.2. All my Google devices and apps are up to date as well.

I’m in Australia if that makes any difference?

Cheers,
Luke

1 Like

Hi Luke, I saw in Eufy security app under settings it tells you how to set up your devices with google and or Alexa. If you cannot find this I will be happy to tell you in greater detail!

Hi Joel,

Thanks for replying.

I followed the Google Assistant instructions from the Eufy App settings when I initially added the Floodlight Cam device to my Google Home app however it only registered the device as a light and not a camera. I see that the Google Assistant instructions only specify eufyCam and eufyCam E as supported devices however i assumed that the Floodlight Cam was supported as it was recognised by Google Home (although only as a light).

Is the Floodlight Cam camera functionality not supported at this time with Google Home or is there something else i am missing?

Cheers,
Luke

2 Likes

Hi Luke, you are not missing anything. I think if you say to your hub show me the (whatever your cameras name is) on google home hub.

I think Eufy Flood Light does not support Google Home or Amazon Alexa. But I think they are working on a new flood light camera and also the software update. That will be awesome when released.

It seems like there is some level of support for Google Assistant as it can control the lighting function.

I hope it is just a software update that is required to add camera control and not a hardware update as i’ve only just bought the Floodlight Cam and thought that it was a fairly new product which would be supported for at least a few years.

I have exactly the same problem. It seems like Eufy has not fixed the problem after almost 3 months.

I don’t have the floodlight camera, so I can’t speak to the compatibility… But if it’s an issue with Google I’ve noticed a few thinkgs that might help:

1. The word “the” confuses Google. I can say, “Cast driveway camera” and it works. If I say “cast THE driveway camera,” it says the device hasn’t been setup.

2. If the device doesn’t have “Camera” in it’s name within the Eufy app, that messes with Google. If you say “Cast driveway,” it starts streaming the band Driveway, or plays a random video of a driveway on YouTube, or that the devices hasn’t been setup. Naming it “Driveway Camera” from within the Eufy app solved those issues for me.

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem to help. I added “camera” and asked google it to display backyard camera but it just comes back with “ok streaming backyard camera” and only gives the option turn on/off the light. Super frustrating as I just bought this yesterday and thought for sure it would have simple integration with google. They need to get this fixed.

I just installed a new Floodlight camera and the results are the same as others are having. I can control the light via Google, but there appears to be no camera integration.

I also have the same problem

Same problem here: Google Home/Assistant can only control the light and not access the camera. Floodlights are connected to 2.4GHz WiFi and running newest firmware. I’m based in Australia. If anyone find a solution, please post it here.

Thanks, that worked for me, adding camera after the name I can now get Google to cast it to the tv

1 Like

This appears to be working now for me as well. I have the Floodlight Cam named as ‘Driveway’ in both the Eufy & Google Home apps and i was able to playback the camera on my TV by saying “Hey Google, cast Driveway on Family Room TV”.

1 Like

Are you able to view the camera feed in the Google Home app?

No; it still only shows as a light in the Google Home app. Not sure if removing/re-adding will fix that but i can try later today.

Update: removing and re-adding the device in Google Home had no impact; i can still only view the camera feed through casting to a screen.

Same here. I can view the stream on my TV via the Google Assistant but in the Google Home app the floodlight cam only functions as a light and doesn’t show up as a camera. Adding “camera” to the name and unlinking/re-linking eufy in Google home didn’t help. Very annoying as I purchased the same floodlight camera for my Dad at the same time, it appears in his list of camera feeds but doesn’t stream properly in the app, on his “cameras” summary page it only appears as a light. I can’t verify this on mine as I don’t have any other cameras so can’t access a “cameras” summary page.

I concur that’s exactly what I did and it worked fine thank you.

Here we are Mar/21 and still no Google integration for the Floodlight Camera.

Any news?

I also have the Indoor Cam 2k Pan&Tilt and it shows up correctly as a camera. But it is not possible to stream the image to your mobile at all. You need any Chromecast device like Google Nest Hub or a supported Smart TV.

The floodlight only shows up as a lamp in Google Home and there is no second camera device, but it works the same way as the Pan&Tilt camera.
Both can be streamed on my Google Nest Hub by asking the assistant to do.
But there is a very big lag of aprox. 1 minute between recording time and streaming time. So it’s not really a life stream.

The only problem is the missing camera device. But it’s no disadvantage as things are working fine.

Greetings from Germany :slight_smile: