Temporarily App Down Resolved - Update in 16:15 EST. Jun. 15

Totally BS

Can you send your username and screenshot to support@eufylife.com?

Dear eufy backers,

All the issue has been fixed. If you still have same problems, please contact support@eufylife.com.

The video data does encrypt and save on local HomeBase. Video data streams directly from HomeBase to your phone.

Nowadays, remote access is mandatory for most people. We developed the architecture starting from this demand.
The App relies on the server as an address book to find the HomeBase and locate the video.

The key concern here is whether the video data is uploaded to the cloud.
No, videos are not uploaded.

If you would like to know more, a simple test could help you understand. Once the App allocates the video and you start playing one of them, you may unplug the Internet cable of the router. This cuts your camera system from Internet. You will find your phone can still playback the next couple videos because the video is transmitted directly from HomeBase to the phone.

2 Likes

Wrong. Thatā€™s not the key concern. The key concern is inability to access the system even though itā€™s local storage. Why donā€™t you listen to the complaints instead of putting words in our mouths. I am a developer for over 30 years and local access would be easy to implement. You could make it an option for customers. You could even make the phone app switch between local and remote access based on whether the device is on local WiFi or on cellular connection. All of that is EASY TO CODE. The fact that you continue to defend your position is concerning.

3 Likes

It has been fixed now. If it happens agin I will

Cloud dependence is not why I purchased this. Now Iā€™m into for $1500 or so for two houses?

Yes, I need/want remote access.

More concerning is the amount of time I have wasted trying to resolve an issue that was not my issue to begin with.

A couple of weeks ago, it was some other issue that I dorked around with for hours. Only to find out it was another Eufy issue.

1 Like

Has this been resolved yet? I still cent see recorded event

Aaaaannnnddddā€¦we are down again.

I want to reiterate (I am a DevOps Systems Engineer for a big, global, manufacturing company) and I see value in allowing users to go the ā€œmanualā€ routing method which would allow users to enable port forwarding in an ā€œadvancedā€ mode so that users would not need to authenticate and view services via the Eufy App Gateway.

I have most of my home automation and access external to ā€œsmart integrationā€ systems which need a specific service. The only thing I have not used in this sense is my home security as itā€™s part of my HOA and I canā€™t opt out of paying for it.

Please consider allowing users to manage their own access, via their own networking; instead of needing to authenticate against Eufyā€™s infrastructure. It doesnā€™t matter that much that video is still recording via the app; I have my cameras recording to my NAS via RTSP anyways.

3 Likes

Down again

2 Likes

My best practice is to vpn to home and access my internal systems

1 Like

Hey nramos03, a suggestion for accessing the cameras internally would be to enable RTSP and connect to the cameras individually via an app such as VLC. Though, I havenā€™t figured out how to do that yet with my 2K Indoor cameras. But, I believe that would be a possible workaround, avoiding the auth servers.

Why do the servers keep going down??? This is ridiculous! Thanks for keeping us updated but these shouldnā€™t continue to go down

2 Likes

I have also been having intermittent problems and itā€™s not working again today. This is unacceptable to say the least. Unreliable cameras and system make this unusable and an expensive paperweight. Iā€™m extremely disappointed.

Iā€™m done with this company. A security system MUST be reliable to be taken seriously. Sending all of it back to amazon and buying into Ring.

4 Likes

I actually just contacted support to see if there was a way to do something where, if iā€™m on the same network, I can use the app fully (view/configure/get notifications). Given many people like eufy because it is ā€œlocalā€, it makes a lot of sense (especially given what has happened the past few days) to have the ability to do this for those who want it, and for those who arenā€™t as advanced, the system can work the exact same way as it currently does.

2 Likes

Iā€™m starting to miss my Blink cameras. Downtime is one thing, but proper staffing and communication is a whole other ball game. Ya need to get on it eufy!

Got this system for the custom tracking (Alerts for human and whatnot) and HomeKitā€¦ well if connected to HomeKit the batteries drain (no solar options) in a matter of days and youā€™re limited to only 4 cameras. I mean really!? Why is that? The the fact that my ā€œlocalā€ event access requires talking to the Internet first means itā€™s not truly local access (even though stored local). I should be able to view local content without having to reach out to the serversā€¦

Iā€™m really thinking Iā€™ll be just making the jump to Ubiquiti unless eufy can really impress me and fastā€¦ yeah, itā€™s spendy but reliable hands downā€¦

What did support say?

Yes thatā€™s an option but one thing I donā€™t like about RTSP, it will drain your camera battery at a faster rate since itā€™s constantly recording/live to the server.

I tested this with one eufyCam 2 and in a 24 hour period, it killed 12% of my battery

They said they would forward that feature request on - so, donā€™t hold your breath, but about all that they can do at this point.

DOWN AGAIN, this is insane.