The Moderators for this Community

I agree what you say. And also moderators should organize activities to make the community more vivid and get people engaged.

2 Likes

What happened to the posts that were flagged and members who did It?

@Ice4 The posts are still up there. See posts 19, 25, 26, 27, and more.

I see that too, may be the mods/admin knew the flagged posts were not to be removed?

Okay fine, I will give it a shot :slight_smile:

The four flagged discussions I looked at are clearly off topic ( a discussion of product function and pricing in a moderator recruiting thread), and there is a flag option for off topic. It wasn’t me flagging posts, but I don’t think that is an abuse of the flag function.

As a moderator on another anker forum (soundcore), I can say with pretty good authority that that is not what the “off topic” flag function is for…

2 Likes

From the description:

It’s Off-Topic

This post is not relevant to the current discussion as defined by the title and first post, and should probably be moved elsewhere.

That seems to me to hit those comments precisely. Not relevant to the current discussion as defined by the title and first post, and should probably be moved elsewhere (to their own thread, for instance).

Whether that is worth doing is obviously a judgement call, and I wouldn’t have bothered flagging them personally. But if that isn’t what it is for, what is?

If you look at it that narrowly, then we need to flag the last 3 posts as well. Also this current post that I am typing.

What is the Off-Topic flag for? Basically when someone attempts to hijack a thread (perhaps unwittingly) without contributing to the discussion. For example, if someone wrote a detailed problem they were having with their battery doorbell as a reply in this thread. That probably should be a separate, new thread. In this thread, @Insider and @TechMan had a tangent conversation about eufy sensors where they went back and forth a couple times each. That happens frequently in all forums/threads.

Like you said, @TahaEng, I would not flag these either. But I have no problem with other people flagging them. If they think it’s Off-Topic, then they should flag. I have a problem with the forum setting where it only takes 2 flags (or maybe only 1 flag by a higher level member) for a post to be automatically hidden. Hiding a post should usually be done manually by a moderator. If they want to automate it, then set the threshold much higher, like 5 or 10 flags.

3 Likes

This may work to avoid abusing flag option.

Don’t disagree with the higher level to trigger automatic hiding, except that that level should depend on the amount of traffic in the forum. Getting even two people to bother to flag a post is unlikely in here I would have guessed.

At least this side discussion is related to moderation, so much closer to the original topic. :slight_smile:

Who deleted jonnyBravo’s account? Are moderators allowed to delete accounts?

Yeah, @JonnyBravo got disgruntled and manually went to each of his posts and deleted them. Petty.

Best of luck to all the applicants!

@Mengdi Do we have any update on who our new moderators will be !! :grinning:

An whomever gets this title or position should do exactly as what this guy does @Mengdi “send an email to support to resolve your problem” ™®℗ © SM

Would like to be one as I have kept up with Eufy for quite a few months now but I am not sure how they think moderators are going to be successful when the same threads keep coming up like IFTTT, 2 factor, etc. How would a moderator answer questions that have been ignored by Eufy for months?

It one thing to moderate how to use a product but when the company has been ignoring their customers on software issue, what do the expect a moderator to do? Seems like Eufy could cut out many threads if they would just answer the basic questions.

1 Like

So considering this has been up for 2 months and the update from July 7th states they were being reviewed, clearly those who applied did not fit the bill.