THIS IS NOT GOOD IF TRUE: Did Eufy REMOVED NAS backup at 2K with latest app update?

Does anyone else feel like they have been ripped off after the last app update???..

Select your camera, select video quality, select recording quality… I am now prompted with the following message

“Since you have enabled NAS or subscribed to cloud storage, the recording will only support 1080P full HD”

I’ve always used a NAS with my system as off site backup… It was always recording at 2k before the app update, not 1080P… Why am I forced into accepting the loss in quality after an app update?? After always being able to backup to my NAS in 2k???.. This wasn’t stated in any specifications before I purchased as it wasn’t such a thing so why now??.. This isn’t good practice for a security company that advertised my system as “When it comes to security, the key is in the detail. See exactly what is happening in and around your home in crisp 2K clarity” “Flawless 2K Footage”

Your selling point, not just for me, for many others also was the fact that you don’t have to have a subscription service and can attach a NAS drive for back up / storage… I have always been able to use my NAS as off site backup and record in 2K, my NAS doesn’t limit this an neither does my bandwidth so why am I forced into accepting something less quality than what I once had an what I paid for???

This isn’t acceptable!!.. Please revert your app back to previous recording settings, other wise I will have no choice than to return your system an look else where, I am not a happy customer right now…

@r/EufyCam

Thank you

1 Like

Didn’t you receive any reply at al from eufy??

This is bogus. The Reddit user has been deleted and if you read the comments, you will see other users replying that the max resolution Eufy has supported has always been 1080p for RTSP. They have only supported 2k on the local SD cards and the Eufy app. This has been known for a long time. The app message is more recent, but still several months old. I have never seen anything but 1080p in the 6 months I have been using RTSP.

Here is a link from July last year detailing how to set up RTSP to a NAS. Notice that it specifies 1080p resolution at 15 frames per sec. in the setup.

RTSP Streaming with Eufy cameras and Motion](RTSP Streaming with Eufy cameras and Motion):