Unable to play live video problem outside home network

It only works for a short time. When I deactivated the firewall in my cable router. I even had given the eufy priority but isn’t helping. Even the latest update gives no help.
It work fine for a time but now only on my own wifi I can watch.

Having the same problem connecting via mobile data to a 2k doorbell (via homebase 2).

I can connect fine to a eufy camera in the house (which doesn’t use the homebase). I can also use the web portal ok.

I also have the same issue, with iPhone 12. My wife has an iPhone 11 and all works fine for her (wifi and mobile data). for me as soon as I switch to mobile data, I loose the access. I have a dual Sim with two cellular network. If I disable the eSim network, then it works (very strange). so seems to be an issue with the dual sim network. All this started only a few weeks ago. Any solutions? need to wait for an update (iOS or Eufy)? Let me know if you have any solution.
Thanks

I have had the same problem accessing the Homebase and cameras remotely via Wi-Fi on iPhone 12 Pro Max ( also on wife’s iPhone SE). I thought I’d try and use a VPN and guess what, it worked. So has to be something with streaming access via AWS

I have the same problem. Have dual sim (physical Vodafone and e-simT-Mobile). Can’t view video stream on e-sim, but can on physical sim. When I use VPN on my e-sim connection it does work. In my opinion the provider is somehow blocking some traffic

I have the same problem, cannot connect to the cameras when outside my own network. Seems no users can solve the problem here. Eufy should stop to sell thier cameras until they find a solution. It is a scam.

2 Likes

I had same issue with live streaming problems from outside network. But found a reason. Wifi works fine always.
I have dual sim in my phone, two providers. When i switch data between the two, One provider only has 3G and other has 4G (where i tested it) . Connectivity works fine on the 4G but very problematic on the 3G. Dont know why. To be fair, 3G has also lower signal strength than 4G provider. I have iphone 13.

I would like to add my situation here. It seems the same as many. My cameras are connected via wifi to a mobile modem connected to the French Free 4G network Free. Free uses the Orange Network. I am trying to connect from my phone in Australia. It works about 1 time in 20, I can’t detect any pattern. I have had a lot of interaction with Eufy Support, they have finally said there is a problem between the SIM card and the Eufy server but refuse to provide any further information. They have also said not to hold my breath for it to be fixed.

Other interesting points

• Notifications seem to always work and I receive them on the app. I usually can’t access them because I get unable to connect to homebase (-2) error, which is what I get when I try to Live view via the app.
  • When I set up cloud storage I can always see the clips of the notifications because I am accessing the cloud not the Homebase
  • I can always live view the cameras via the web portal on my PC (but not my phone). This makes me think it is a Eufy problem not a SIM card problem as it works on one Eufy program but not another. They must be able to see the differences between the app and the web portal to fix it but it doesn’t seem important to them.
  • When my phone is connected to the same wifi, of course, it always works

There do seem to be a lot of people with this problem based on this and other threads in the community

Let me know if you have any suggestions or things to try triggered by my situation.

The most frustrating thing is it works sometimes, I feel there must be a simple solution or fix to make it work at least most of the time

My mother has the same situation with the alarm kit. Homebase is connected (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) to a sim router (iliad). On the same wifi network, the Eufy app on iPhone works perfectly. It doesn’t work outside the same network (iPhone in 4g). I tried to open TCP ports 80 and 443 on the router as reported elsewhere but it doesn’t work. I tried to connect the Homebase to the iPhone hotspot (to the Vodafone sim network) and it doesn’t work. I tried to connect the Homebase to the router in my house (fiber) and everything works perfectly even with the smartphone outside the network. It’s a problem of eufy and ISP of the sim

1 Like

I am having the same problem and it’s been going on a few months. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. Before I never had an issue with livestream on my iPhone. Please help!! My neighborhood has gone downhill and I rely on my cameras to work.

I had the same problem, i couldn’t access to my cameras when i was outside the wifi network. It was working correctly before. Is it due to an application update ???
I finnally found a solution.
First, If i connect once on the wifi network and disconnect the wifi, it’s ok in 4g if i keep the application opened. The application can connect when starting in wifi but not directly in 4g.
The solution when i’m outside home :

• launch the eufy security application
  • Turn off mobile data
  • Turn On mobile data
    And it works.
    It’s like if the application could not initiate the connection in 4g, so we need to force it.
    I hope it helps.
1 Like

I am at home and wifi signal is strong. It keeps saying establishing secure video channel, buffering then unable to play live video. This has been going on for a few months… Before never had an issue.

This means that certain ports are being blocked on your router. One very simple solution is to go into your router settings and enabling upnp, keep in mind, this makes your router a bit more insecure.

I do not think it ports being blocked.
My fact pattern
On an iphone 13 max pro ( sim plus esim)
On the same wifi no problem
On different wifi no problem
On cellular data getting only notification
On my ipad ( only 1 phisical sim)
Same wifi no problem
Different wifi no problem
Cellular data no problem

I think the problem is connected with having 2 sims in the same device or having a esim

Everything worked for me till like 3 months ago and more or less I added esim to my phone. Back then I have not linked this to problems with eufy but it seems there is some connection of the issue with having additional sim in the phone

Now I tested this I have turned off my esim which was secondary And everything started working

Hello, I just came here to confirm that I’m having the same issue. When I disable the eSIM on my iPhone everything starts working again. If I reenable the eSIM even if it’s not being used for the default data connection, I cannot connect remotely to view my home cameras.
Thanks!!

This has been an extremely frustrating issue. My wife and I both have iPhones (11 pro and 13 pro) and there have been no changes to my network or carrier. Everything was working fine and lovely, then we started experiencing this issue in early January '23.

• The web portal works (which I didn’t know was a thing until recently)
  • My phone uses a single physical sim. No esim present.

Haven’t had much time to debug my cameras (doorbell, 2C, 2Pro). Figured I’d try to remove all my cameras and homebase and re-add it to the network, but I’m not optimistic this will make a difference.

Hoping some solution is discovered soon…

Hello,

I reported this problem on AppStore almost a year ago, but nothing has changed. I fixed this problem by changing the carrier from Vodafone to something else.

I don’t think is only related to e-sim. I am using iPhone XS Max without e-sim (I have never used e-sim and my carrier plan does not support e-sim). I am using a physical sim card.

• I tried changing all the settings suggested before (opening port etc.) on my router, but it did not work
  • I tried to downgrade the Eufy app a few versions back (it was so hard btw), but it did not work.
  • I contacted Vodafone support so many times (at least 10 times), they did something, changed something, try something but mostly blamed the app. In the end, it did not work
  • I asked my friend (which using another carrier brand) to share cellular data via hotspot, and I turned off my cellular data. IT WORKED!
  • I reached out to Vodafone support again and tried to explain that the problem is not in the app, the problem is the Vodafone. They continue to blame the Eufy app.
  • I changed my carrier to another brand. And it works flawlessly now.

I think Vodafone is doing something shady with the SSL connections but I am not so sure though.

Anyway, I lost hope in fixing this problem. Neither Vodafone nor Eufy is care. The camera and the app are good but the support is terrible. I wished I didn’t buy the Eufy camera because I cannot change my carrier about this bug.