Unlock the power of eufy Doorbell - Motion Detection

I’ve been trying your suggestion since my last post. At first it seemed to do the trick. But since last week, random notifications seem to pop up more often.

Then there is another problem: The doorbell seems like it is in a very deep sleep sometimes. Visitors press the bell but nothing happens. A lot of times. It usually starts to “wake” after a second or even third press. Also a very mild short press does not seem to wake the doorbell. Holding the button for over a second seems to do the trick. But I want my doorbell to respond when someone presses it. Not after you find some kind of magic threshold.

I start to believe that my doorbell is having a defect of some sort.

1 Like

Totally agree. My doorbell does not detect vehicles approaching door and sometimes completely misses person approaching door especially if there are wearing mask or hat. also person more than 10 feet away from the camera is not detected even when I set the sensitivity to ‘High’. however it detects vehicle moving across the camera on the road that is atleast 15 m away from camera. Also I’m surprised that my eufy cam 2c placed above doorbell detects movement while doorbell does not, while Arlo that is placed 5 meters away from Eufy cam manages to consistently capture all the movement that is missed by Eufy. however I’ve to admit Eufy is quicker than Arlo to alert and too load video. I feel Eufy still has to improve on their AI and motion detection

4 Likes

At first sight this picture seemed to make sense for the motion detection part.
But seriously, who has his doorbell mounted on a wall angled like this? I see a lot of houses. But I can fairly say that this setup is very uncommon for a doorbell mount

1 Like

I’ve sent my doorbell back to the shop. Today I received a message that repairing is impossible and that I will get my money back.

I’m figuring out whether I want another eufy or that I’m going to look for another doorbell.

1 Like

Hi Lindsey. I’ve had my doorbell for just a few days. The first couple of days it worked great. Then it stopped detecting any visitors but the doorbell did work. I found calling Eufy quite helpful. After trying several things, my doorbell decided to go off line and it was toast. The next day I uninstalled my device and started all over again. This worked for me. Worth a try.

Still no updates to improve this. Missing delivery guys but picking up cars driving past outside of the activity zone!

2 Likes

I agree with others here. The motion detection sucks. It picks up the banister, railing, the bush, shadows on the ground, but still misses actual people coming to the door. Playing with these settings doesn’t help. It can’t be that hard to distinguish an inanimate object from a human being.

4 Likes

Ok, I thought I was doing something wrong. Similar issue to other posts; busy road, lots of false notifications or none at all. Has not recorded an event since the first week.

I will try a reset and see if that helps. But this feature appears to be very temperamental or not practical

Completely useless information. The eufy doorbell does NOT work no matter what we do. It’s garbage

1 Like

I am having the same problems from installation today. I get notifications when someone actually rings the doorbell but nothing at all for motion detection. We got it installed and now I have spent probably 4 hours trying everything to get the motion detection to work. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled with all the settings and nothing, although that did seem to solve the problem of the chime dinging every 30-45 seconds for no reason at all. Husband went outside by the back way and came upon the front porch using the full sidewalk length and not a single notification although it did start recording when he got to the top step of the porch. Did this 4 times with different settings. I have tried all settings of sensitivity and up to complete coverage for activity area and nothing. I have looked at this doorbell for a long time and was glad to finally get it but now I am having second thoughts and starting to be sorry I chose Eufy.

how do I replace the battery in my door bell?

These tips do not work for our Eufy doorbell. We receive constant notifications telling us that the hubcaps on the street (parked cars) are humans. And if I change activity zones/sensitivity I don’t get relevant notifications … that’s how our car was stolen in front of the doorbell without any notifications or footage. The doorbell is great for when someone rings it but for artificial intelligence/human detection and notifications it’s pretty useless in our scenario.

We also have the Eufy motion detection light camera and it’s much better.

Ok, just seeing this thread. Glad to read I’m not the only one experiencing this and show hubby that I’m not paranoid about doorbell camera not recording human movements but everything else. Also, the Notification Settings on the app doesn’t have Face only or torso only features. I only see Human Only or All Motions, in the settings, so this tip instruction is not helpful.

I set mine to record all motion, but to only do so in a certain activity zone. I also custom set the battery (mine is a wired battery unit, but worked with the 1080 wired unit I had as well) to trigger more often and for longer. There are sensitivity levels and all, but the activity zones help a ton! The sensitivity did not help me.

Also at night the cameras (doesn’t matter which one) records all motion. I still highly recommend setting the activity zones.

Trees and shadows during the day when windy can also play a roll in triggering your unit. I have one wired camera that triggers with these shadows and I am not willing to loose the activity zone I set so I just deal with it. It is also set to all motion as I have missed people on the human setting on occasion.

Ring the company and they help u set it up and hard wire it

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I too with my floodlight cam 2k have issues with static objects being recognised as humanoid and even rain at night triggering it.

One thing to consider is the motion trigger shape are rectangular thus its box when overlapping into an activity zone near by will still trigger it, thus the activity zones have to be far away enough from the closes trigger area.

Unfortunately the AI hasn’t been improved enough to handle these overlaps yet, i.e. dismiss humanoid objects that are static and those moving overlaps that are either to short in timeframe remaining overlapping or percentage wise too small.

An additional setting could perhaps help to fine tune this and even better would be a debug mode for us to see the rectangular boxes used by the AI, whether in the live feed to aid drawing the zones better or in recorded videos to analyse (ideally both).

FYI

@erikfromass @Ter683

I guess eufy is doing nothing to solve this issue. I’ve done a lot of looking into the entirety of the ecosystem and haven’t been able to find any bad reviews with much credibility behind it. I got this doorbell cam as a way to test out their products before diving head first into their home base system and corresponding cameras. I get no detections at all in the day time, regardless of activations zones and sensitivity settings. Then, at night, it picks up anything and everything regardless of whether it is in the activation zone or not, and labels all of them “human”. It’s pretty bad when Wyze software out preforms a company who’s been in the game a lot longer. Is this an issue with their home base 3 and the so called “bionic mind” software?