Unlock the Power of eufy | Ecosystem Automation

Thank you for your suggestions, we will carefully evaluate the implementation method, if there is the latest progress will be published on the app or community.

Any plans in future to make the spotlight work with the camera for automation?

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your advice.
Because our Automation is based on the same Homebase, Floodlight does not need to be connected to the Homebase and cannot be supported for the time being. But we are also evaluating the cross-Homebase and non-homebase equipment automaiton implementation solution, if there is the latest progress will be synchronized in the app or community in time.

5 Likes

This is all a good first step. But:

• +1 for getting the floodlight into the same connected ecosystem please with the Homebase

• +1 for Hue integration please, via IFTTT or similar (only current way is via HomeKit, I think)

5 Likes

Happy that it is being looked into.
Eufy has a good product but disappointed and concerned that it isn’t “smart” even among its on brand of products. It’s disjointed. Floodlight, doorbell cam and smart lock can’t be integrated. This is a major shortcoming. Additionally eufy bulbs, switches and plugs can’t to my knowledge be integrated.

Simple automations such as those below don’t seem to supported with eufy products.
Unlock door and inside lights turn on.
Detection on camera, turn the outside lights on
3 Failed attempts on door lock, sound alarm on cameras, turn camera ons/lights on, send alert to phones.

It is in Eufy’s best interest to add this ability ASAP within eco-system plus HomeKit/ifttt support for everything. Doing so would increase sales, and allow it to work with other devices. As it stands, if someone wants HomeKit or IFTTT in their lights, doorbells, locks, alarms, they are looking elsewhere. If they find a product eco-system that supports everything they are looking for, then they will prob stay in it and Eufy loses those sales. Others in other eco-systems such as Arlo, looking for more automation would look at Eufy.

12 Likes

I bought Smart Switch and indoor pan-tilt from Eufy brand thinking that they all will be connected to Homebase and I can use Automations if from same brand.

To my disappointment I can not automate my Indoor pan-Tilt cam or Smart Switch together.

I wanted to Automate - > Turn the lights on using Smart-Switch when Indoor Pan-Tilt cam or my Doorbell detects motion.

But it is not possible.

This is something eufy needs to look into as soon as possible or people will stop buying eufy products

4 Likes

I bought Smart Switch and indoor pan-tilt from Eufy brand thinking that they all will be connected to Homebase and I can use Automations if from same brand.

To my disappointment I can not automate my Indoor pan-Tilt cam or Smart Switch together.

I wanted to Automate - > Turn the lights on using Smart-Switch when Indoor Pan-Tilt cam or my Doorbell detects motion.

But it is not possible.

This is something eufy needs to look into as soon as possible or people will stop buying eufy products

2 Likes

The current method of Automation is to use the Homebase as the hub, so products without Homebas such as indoorCam cannot support Automation. However, we will carefully evaluate the technical solutions for cross-homebase implementation and believe that it will be implemented in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for your support and suggestions. We will carefully evaluate the technical solutions for cross-homebase implementation and believe that it will be implemented in the future.

Automation is a little bit useful thanks Eufy, but definitely could be better (ie IFTTT and similar to other devices pls; HomeKit is a good start).

But I can’t see a way to include automation in the schedule - is it possible? I don’t want my automation happening all the time - for eg, when I’m in the yard and I otherwise have the camera not to record. Am I missing something in the setup?

3 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. We are already evaluating the technical implementation plan for this part, and will be notified in the APP or community after it goes online.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into more Automation possibilities @yanyee1

So in order to automate my indoor cam, I need additional hardware such as the motion sensor? My cam already has a motion sensor built in. Why do I need additional hardware?

As I’ve seen in other replies in this thread, IFTTT integration would be much easier than requiring additional hardware

3 Likes

At present, our automation is linked through Homebase, so only those bound to the same Homebase can be linked. Indoor cam does not require Homebase operation, so it cannot be supported temporarily.
We are already evaluating the technical implementation plan for this part, and we will notify it in time after completion.

We cannot use the floodlight without it being connected to the Homebase as our Wifi signal doesn’t reach the area we need to place it. This is preventing us from purchasing an entire Eufy security system. Is there any timeline or what’s the priority for integrating the floodlight camera with the Homebase? Will the existing floodlight camera be integrated via a firmware update or will it only be applied in a new version of the floodlight camera?

5 Likes

Great, thanks, look forward to it soon

Is this possible? Or not? I find the homebase rather low … That would greatly add to the effectivness of the system

Not through the Homebase as it stands with Eufy only allowing their own automation which is limited to their own product’s. However I believe the lights flashing maybe achieved through HomeKit integration.

I was just about to say this.