Unlock the Power of eufy | Guidelines for the SoloCam QR Code Binding

Hey eufy fans,

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart-home class.

For today’s post, we will explore a few must-know Guidelines for the SoloCam QR Code Binding.

The SoloCam series is our latest set of battery cameras and uses a new binding method to add devices in the setup process.

Sneak Peek :eyes:

How to pair your device via QR code

The traditional way: Use your phone :iphone: to scan the QR code on cam body (see image below, left)

The new way: Use the SoloCam to scan the QR code generated on the phone (see image below, right)

Setup Guide :page_facing_up:

Let’s take a look at how to add a brand new SoloCam

Step :one:

Tap “Devices” at the bottom of the app. Then scroll to the bottom and tap “Add Device”. Select the SoloCam series.

Step :two:

You will then be directed to the Wi-Fi Setup page. Select the Wi-Fi you want the device to connect to, input the password, and press the SYNC button. When you hear the beep, tap “Heard a Beep” and a QR code will appear on your phone.

Step :three:

Use SoloCam to scan this QR code. Please make sure the distance between SoloCam and the QR code on your phone is about 8 inches. After a successful scan, you will hear two beeps, and the device will be connected to Wi-Fi.

Step :four:

Once the network has been successfully connected, you can set your device name, and then follow the app’s instructions to complete the binding. Finally, you will see your device has been added successfully.:ballot_box_with_check:

Power Unlocked!:lock:

Hurry up and add your own SoloCam

Have More Questions? Contact Us :speech_balloon:

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app > Help > Call us/Feedback

2)Leave a comment at the bottom of this post

3)Email support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.:hugs:

eufy Security Team

For more official tutorials, please click here !

Step 3 doesn’t work. The QR code doesn’t scan. I have tried mirroring my screen to other screens so I know it isn’t my phone.
I have other wifi/smart house items set up, so I know it is not my wifi and I have some level of practice with this (I’m a millenial so I have some skill with IT things anyway).
I tried contacting support but I just got a very generic email with no effort whatsoever to fix the problem or even to figure out what the problem actually is.
Disappointing, as I was very excited for the camera and I still have no security set up.