【Update】Unlock the power of eufy - Make Your Battery Doorbell Last Longer

Hi, eufy fans!

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? To make life easier, we want to share monthly tips with you that will help you make the most of your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart-home class. For this installment, we will take a closer look at our 2K Battery Video Doorbell.

I NEED TO RECHARGE MY DOORBELL AGAIN!?

We are here to guide you through what factors influence power consumption and how to best optimize battery life.

First, let’s take a look at the main factors that impact battery consumption:

• Internet Signal - a steady connection will improve performance and battery consumption.

• Position of Your Doorbell - if your doorbell has a street-facing view, frequent triggers are more likely.

• Live Streaming - each time you use the live view to look or speak through your doorbell power consumption will be required.

• Weather Conditions - at temperatures below 40°F, lithium batteries are less effective in maintaining a charge.

Please consider all the above factors if you are experiencing unusually high levels of battery consumption. Now, let’s dive into some helpful tips for how you can make your battery use more efficient and last longer:

Tip 1: Manage your activity.

We can easily find the total battery used since last charge and total detected events through Power Manager setting, and the average trigger time can be calculated by dividing them. Kindly Reminder:The Battery Used Days statistics will only show exact numbers when it comes to the second charge.As shown below:

We have listed some detailed suggestions on how to better avoid false trigger times, as the following shows:

Here are the settings for you to try if your doorbell under high activity levels :

App Settings Introduction

• Adjust your power manager mode- by activating the “Optimal Battery Life” mode.
    To turn off the LED go to: “Settings” -> “Working Mode” -> choose “Optimal Battery Life”

• Adjust your camera’s sensitivity setting - to exclude irrelevant motion events and to reduce the number of false alerts.
    To adjust the sensitivity level go to: “Settings”-> choose “Motion Detection”-> choose“Detection Sensitivity Level” -> reduce the level from “1-5”. Kind Reminder: The higher the level being set, the more sensitive the detection will be, even the motion of wind or grass may be detected.

• Configure suitable Activity Zones - to exclude irrelevant motion events and to reduce the number of false alerts.

Physical Installation Suggestions:

• Hardwire your Battery Doorbell- If you have existing wiring at your front door you can connect your Video Doorbell so that it has a constant flow of power.

• Mount your doorbell on a side wall - so that it is not directly facing the street.

• Add an extra motion sensor-to increase detection sensitivity. For how to use motion sensor, please kindly check the following link:

• Adjust the direction/angle - to reduce the number of unnecessary motion events (use the Mounting Wedge provided).

Tip 2: Ensure your doorbell has a strong internet connection.

Test the signal between HomeBase and your router:

The pictures below demonstrate scenarios in which poor signals may occur and how to resolve the problem using HomeBase Wi-Fi Connection.

1) Typical weak signal scenario

2) Scenario showing the incorrect position for HomeBase (weak signal between HomeBase and router)

3) Scenario showing the correct position for HomeBase (strong signal between HomeBase and router)

Follow the installation guidelines closely and ensure that you have identified the ideal locations for your HomeBase and Video Doorbell.

Tip 3: Act when alerted

Attention: If there is a “battery” icon showing on the device page, that means your batteries are depleting at a quicker rate than expected. You may not get the expected half-year battery life. If you receive that alert, please consider the tips highlighted above on how to optimize the battery.

Power Unlocked!

So you are now a battery consumption expert!:wink:

Be sure to use this information to make the most out of your Video Doorbell and enjoy maximum battery efficiency while keeping the device environmentally friendly.

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1. eufy Security app-> Help->Live chat/Call us/Feedback
  2. Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post
  3. Send us an email: support@eufylife.com
    We will get back to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

24 Likes

Very nice info there @Helsing :ok_hand: thanks for sharing :+1:

6 Likes

Can we please get more customization for schedules and modes?

I want a smart away function during the day, and nighttime to always record/notify. This isn’t possible currently, so I’m stuck draining the battery all day long!

103 Likes

Thank you for sharing this clear information!

3 Likes

Very good information here.
Thank you for sharing

2 Likes

This tutorial talks about distance between HomeBase and router, but does not mention distance between HomeBase and Wireless Battery Doorbell.

I would think the latter would be more important than the former in terms of battery life, as the doorbell doesn’t talk to the router, it talks to the HomeBase. Am I mistaken?

26 Likes

Totally agree. More customization/ scheduling possibilities would be helpfull. And plz add an option to turn the led ring on or off.

10 Likes

Your statement that your batteries last 6 months is false and misleading very angry

69 Likes

hi i cannot find working mode in my settings ?

1 Like

They likely meant that the battery itself lasts 6 months. That does not mean that it will not need charging.

5 Likes

I think that if you read the info fully it says up to 6 months depending on the features used, I use mine for doorbell only and after 60 days it’s at 77% charged if you want to use all the features constantly then you need the wired version

7 Likes

It’s best case scenario. Do you really think everyone get the figures car manufacturers spout on about mpg or range. Common sense really.

6 Likes

We have a battery doorbell and wireless plug in chimer. Is it possible to add a second chimer (or even a third) so we can hear the chime throughout the property? Thank you.

22 Likes

If I use my Eufycam 2 Pro as a motion sensor and use an automation to record video on the battery doorbell, will both devices record?

2 Likes

Here’s an idea. Fix your firmware so the motion zones actually work. I have my doorbell set so that it only alerts me to motion at the area in front of my door but it is triggered whenever a car goes by even when the zone is narrow and not near the road. This is the same problem with your cameras.

34 Likes

Doesn’t really matter what you do!!! My doorbell is wired in and the battery STILL shuts my entire doorbell down after 2-3 days AND it caught one doorbell (new home) on fire!!! My doorbell has been turned off since June as it died again after three days AND ITS WIRED in!!! I can’t risk burning my house down! Don’t buy their product it doesn’t detect :poop:!

4 Likes

Here’s an idea fix your software instead of releasing these lame howtos to pretend there’s nothing wrong with the doorbell?

Your doorbell doesn’t even survive with your highest recommended 24v transformer.

8 Likes

I found the battery life is not long last as instructions. Once fully charged. Mine one almost run out battery so quick better find wires one I suggest.

2 Likes

Maybe if you live in the outback of Wyoming and have 2 visitors in a year.

2 Likes

How can I get the battery doorbell to record 3 seconds before the motion trigger? The wired doorbell has this option, but not the battery? I know it uses more power, but it’s worth it to me

18 Likes