【Update】Unlock the power of eufy - Make Your Battery Doorbell Last Longer

I totally agree. I would like to have this feature.

3 Likes

Can wire the unwired model?

1 Like

No lol

1 Like

I have mine set to door bell only, still picks up cars and people out side the fence, used 45% battery in 24 hrs

2 Likes

Battery lucky to last a month before charging…

1 Like

I have to recharge every two weeks. The Only solution you can come up with is to disable all the features I bought this for? If I could return it I would in a heart beat. But I have had it for more than a month so can’t so that. $350 doorbell that doesn’t do what it says.

7 Likes

Do I have to change anything in the app when I hardwire it?
I have wired it correctly (only to a trafo AC 8VA, no chime), but the app only shows be the battery icon and the battery is still depleting (@61% now)

8 Likes

Hey I have the doorbell had the sensor on human only and motion on 3 it missed a few people passing right in front of it,even myself.
Put it on a motion zone, also put it up to 5 sensitivity and it’s still missing people, can I please get some help with this problem.thanks

19 Likes

Why do you want a doorbell camera to be use as a doorbell only? Buy a cheap $10 wireless doorbell only!

2 Likes

Half a year battery life??? Try 5 days!!!

1 Like

Yup. Had mine a few weeks now and so fed up with the battery life and it’s inability to detect someone at the door even when staring right at the doorbell I e fully charged it to 100% (blue light).
Been in doorbell only mode for just over an hour and now on 88%

:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Initially, the battery life was close to 5 months. Then 3 months, and now 43 days. Same location same traffic same everything, but different firmware.

2 Likes

I have had my Eufy cam for less than a month (18 days) and I’ve had to recharge it already. It’s not that bad to recharge- put it on my charger during the baseball game tonight and it was fully charged in time for bed. Hopefully it will last longer now the novelty has worn off and I’m not always looking at it, fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I feel for her, I would love to have more Battery life.

I have had my battery doorbell now for around 9 months now, and decided from the start that I would power it with a plug in mains transformer (available from Amazon), and this is by far the best solution if you have a socket within reach. The transformers have a fairly long lead (around 12 feet or so).
I’ve noticed the power indicator in the app will show when it’s running on battery and when it’s charging (all done seamlessly).
Basically fit and forget!

7 Likes

I did the same. Unfortunately we just unhooked it and left it alone. Nothing you can do at this point. I don’t understand the purpose of hardwiring it if it doesn’t charge. Who’s in this engineering team??!,
We’re stuck but to use it as is. :disappointed:

If you sync the doorbell with an Echo dot or Echo show it an Echo of any kind you won’t need an additional chime.
Because with Alex it accesses loud through its devices anytime someone comes to your door; also when I order a package instead of checking my tracking to see if my package was delivered the doorbell tells me and the Tim it was delivered.
How cool is that, I bet a lot of people didn’t know this little powerhouse could do that how bought the ring?
No, I’m not getting paid for this response just thought I would share to help others

5 Likes

Hi Steve,
What is the transformer model?
And where you connect it…, In the battery terminals or the hardwire connection?
Thank You

How do you charge the battery?

2 Likes

Agree my battery life is appalling! First time 4 months now 20 days!!

2 Likes