Using cameras to turn on Alexa lights

I love these cameras and the software and wonder if there’s a way to use the camera motion sensor to tell Alexa to turn on my garden lights for 2 mins.
I’m not seeing any clues on here or the Alexa app, just wondering if some clever person can help :wink:

I know I can get eufy motion sensors but it seems crazy having one of them sitting next to the camera.

Anyone?

5 Likes

Alexa, Google is very, very limited unfortunately.
Could, should have much better integration. Hopefully it will improve!

+1 for this feature. I’m thinking of returning the cameras because of this.

2 Likes

At the moment it seems it is just possible to turn on and off the light by alexa (by voice or routine).

I have this working(camera detects person then turn on lights for x mins) using a combination of
Ifttt phone app to watch for eufysecurity app notifications
Ifttt triggers a smartthings vrtual switch if eufy notification
Create the virtual switch in smartthings
Create alexa routine to turn on lights if virtual switch is on

Its convoluted but works but requires minor technical knowledge. Ifttt app must be running on the phone which gets notifications

5 Likes

Would love more, Alexa integrations.

It would be best to have smartthings integration but I would take better alexa integration. Please make “on motion detected” available in addition to “on doorbell press”. This would be a good first step so alexa could turn on smart lights. I currently use an alexa routine to turn on lights when the doorbell is pressed between 11pm to 6am. This helps to get more lighting for the recording.

Would this work with Google Home as well?

Thank you for your idea. Can you explain how you did it? I tried to create an ifttt but can’t find the right trigger…

Only works on android, the ifttt app is the one watching for a eufy app notification

1 Like

I have camera motion detection working to turn on smart lights via very simple alexa routines, which is great.

However, I can’t seem to get them to turn back off after x minutes of no motion detected.

There is wait action in alexa. Wait then off

Yes, I have used the wait action successfully in routines. However, I do not want the smart lights arbitrarily turning off during a motion event. I’d prefer to have them turn off after x minutes of no motion.

I have also set this up so the camera motion triggers Alexa to switch on garden light, connected via smart plug and go off after 2 mins, using wait function. HOWEVER, it does not work as Alexa does not see a motion trigger from the camera for some reason???
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Motion detection through alexa es basically dead, couple weeks ago it stopped working for me and haven’t been able to make it work again. Now I’m using IFTTT to look for my phones notifications, this lack of integrations in Eufy is making me seriously mad

@Mengdi we all have this issue … many threads on this - the cctv units used to work but now dont as it seems that anker/eufy turned off the connection to Alexa servers for the notifications - essentially selling a product that isn’t now Alexa compatible