Video doorbell: Alexa randomly told me ‘someone is at the door’

Did anyone else’s doorbell randomly ring today at 1:30am (GMT-London,UK)?

My doorbell via Alexa randomly woke the whole house up. I went down to investigate and there was nobody. The only video recorded is of me opening the door and having checked on CCTV there is no evidence that anyone was there. If someone had physically pressed the device it would have captured some footage or come up as ‘answered’ in the event notifications which makes me think that perhaps something went funny with the link to Alexa?

1 Like

Yes, and 3am. Frightening my wife but we couldn’t see or hear anything. Very strange to now read your post.

1 Like

Mine rang again last night approx 11.30pm. Still not sure why

Mine also did this at both the stated times others have mentioned. I’m also in the UK. Very weird

Do you know whether this happened to any non-eufy users? I’m wondering whether this is an Alexa only issue or Alexa+Eufy issue.

Hey guys!

Have you tried to logout and relink the device to see if the issue still persists?

Please feel free to reach out support@eufylife.com so we can have the engineering team to look into this case for you.

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

Hi, l yes tried that and doesn’t seem to have resolved the issue. The bell played up twice last night. I was hoping it was a glitch at Amazon’s side that will resolve itself but looks like I’ll have to disturb your support engineers!

I switched the option off but I have deleted it from Alexa app, re linked, switched the Echo Dot back on and will see what happens.

Thank you for getting back.

If the issue still persists, please feel free to reach out support@eufylife.com for further assisstant.

If we can offer further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We’re always ready to help!