Video playback not working since latest firmware upgrade

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but since the latest firmware upgrade to the basestation and camera’s the playback of recorded video is not working properly. The video will start but then freeze. The audio still seems to work through out though. If I download the video to my phone it will then work properly.
Same issue is happening on my wife’s phone which is a different model to mine so I know it’s not the phone.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Base station firmware: 2.1.1.9h
Camera firmware: 2.6.6

1 Like

I am not sure excatly when it changed but, yes, playback is not consistent for my 2 x 2Cs. I can play a new notification straight away, but not from the events list - that takes a while to start to play.

1 Like

For myself at least it was after the last upgrade so I believe it was down to that. I see there’s already a topic opened for the same issue which I didn’t realize.

Same here. Playback via the app is now broken

Me too. No playback

I’ve noticed this as well, its seems like its just Android users that might be affected as I checked the same recordings on my works iphone and that played the footage with no issues, where my samsung s8 starts playback freezes but sound continues

Same problem on Nokia 6.2
Playback freezes but sound continues.

I raised an incident through the app and the team got back to me with the below message…

”Thank you for writing to us.

We extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. I had forwarded the issue to our engineers for analysis, and they assume the issue is related to the current firmware and are planning to resolve the issue in the following firmware update as soon as possbile. Would you mind waiting for about 5 to 10 days?

Currently, If the historical video is downloaded from the eufy app to your phone’s album, the video should be played as normal. "

So hopefully they’ll get it sorted in a couple of days… :crossed_fingers:

Same Here!!

I had the same issue. Here’s what I did to resolve it.

If you have the Homebase connected to the ethernet port and also have the Wi-Fi connection setup as a backup, disconnect the homebase from the Wi-Fi and just connect the base to Ethernet.

It is a bug in the firmware and Eufy needs to update it.

Hope that helps.

I see an update to the app was pushed yesterday and it mentions the fix was related to fixing playback when there are two compression formats.

It looks as if it had fixed the playback issue, wonder why there’s two compression formats though.

Anyways, glad it’s working again