View multiple cameras simultaneously

Is there a way to view multiple live feeds simultaneously in the app?

19 Likes

it would be great!

1 Like

I second this and hope the engineering team can is reading and can make this a reality on the next update.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like this feature as well but Iā€™m going to guess that the hardware is probably not capable/high spec enough. The fact that when I view a notification then try to view a different before the current one is finished it cannot do this some of the time as it seems that the previous stream/recoding needs to close first.

1 Like

I think (and hope) thereā€™s a possibility of it coming. I installed the Eufy app on 3 devices and tried to play a different camera on each. Playback was just as smooth as if it were only 1 camera. Fingers crossed itā€™s on their radar

3 Likes

Yes, hardware may be limiting on some devices but shouldnā€™t be on most. You can drop the video quality on multiple steams if needed. Heck, I would even like to just get audio from multiple steams at once to use as baby monitor.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t suggesting itā€™s my mobile as the issue, I was implying that the processing power and/or the SD/SSD storage on the homebase is not good enough. It could even be that the engineers/programmers cannot/do not know how to safely do it :slightly_smiling_face:

With so many different requests coming from users, they could implement features in new hardware in the future. Bare in mind, a lot of requests are premium features, there is only so much that can be provided in this price range or as freebies.

1 Like

CludeEdge has this function to view multiple cams at the same time.
Eufy, please get a smart IT person to help you to upgrade your service.
Your cams are great so far.

1 Like

I have just been shown another system where this can be done. It would also be of great benefit to me. I think this would be an easy fix for the app. cameras would not be affected as they will be doing what they do by streaming their capture. If there is any stumbling point, it would likely be the homebase. System I saw it on did not have a hub but each camera was linked to the app on the network via its own access point. If this is the case, hopefully a firmware update would overcome any issues. Hereā€™s hoping it can be looked at.

1 Like

Its a battery killer. People have been asking for a solution for several years now. Donā€™t expect it will every get implemented because of the power issues with battery cams.

1 Like

It should be the userā€™s choice whether to ā€œkill the batteriesā€ or not. I use tinyCam for watching multiple streams simultaneously atm (usually for 1-5 mins) but it takes too long to connect while the eufy app connects instantly. I donā€™t have issues with battery life.

1 Like

I have the same request. Multiple cameraā€¦ Reolink had it (including for battery cameras) for years.

I am doing multicam viewing with IP Cam Soft Pro and IPCamViewerPro, but there is a lagā€¦ would love native eufy support for this.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this for almost 2 years from Eufy. Never have even seen a response on this in multiple similar forums asking for the same thing officially from Eufy. They have been strictly and sadly silent about this as far as I know. I came from a Wyze camera system and this is the only thing I wish Eufy could do versus Wyze but does not. I have the A/C powered/wired Eufy cams and this feature is still absent and has been for very long. Battery life is obviously a non issue with wired cams so I am guessing there are other reasons why they are not doing it, not just battery life concerns. However, I agree the user should be able to decide how to use batteries in their cams, if applicable, including multiple live streams at once. I do not want to use HomeKit, it breaks other useful features that only the Eufy app can provide.

1 Like

You can actually do it already, have been able to for a while. Needs a bit of a work around but fairly easy. Your cameras must be set up in the Home app. After that you need the HomeCam for HomeKit app https://apps.apple.com/sg/app/homecam-for-homekit/id1292995895. Fairly simple from them. I know people complain about HomeKit draining batteries but I run my outdoor cameras off solar panels and indoor off power so no issue. There is one indoor that runs off battery and even that will go quite a while before I need to plug in a power bank to recharge so no issue

1 Like

Do the person detection AI notifications still work after you get the HomeCam for HomeKit app working? Thatā€™s the whole reason I have these cams. Just wish I could also see all of the live feeds at once and keep my person detection AI notifications.

1 Like

Just bumping this - I too would like to see this feature (multiple live feeds via the security portal). Seems like it should not be an issue nowadays with Wifi6 and NBN speeds easily being able to handle the data feed. It canā€™t be a battery life issue (surely). How about someone from Eufy actually answering to this issue??

1 Like

Same here. I just converted to Eufy from Tapo after getting excited about some of the Eufy features. Eufy app is waay better and so are ā€˜AIā€™ features. But I really miss the 4 camera overview that the Tapo app has. I use it to watch my dogs :slight_smile:

Yes vote from me for simultaneous camera views. If itā€™s battery concerns, just warn the user and put a timer on it. Actually seeing all battery capacities simultaneously as well would be good.

Yeh I want this feature too. Iā€™m pretty pleased with the Eufy ecosystem so far but itā€™s a bit of fail if you canā€™t view all the feeds at once. Thereā€™s no real reason why it canā€™t be done, the Swann app has provided this functionality for their camera systems for years and itā€™s awesome. There should be an option at least for the device view to auto-connect to the camera streams.

1 Like