What did you change with geofencing?

Something has changed with geofencing and it has completely changed how much I loved Eufy. My entire system is trash now! I get no notifications all day long and when I look my phone is in home mode. Geofencing is not noticing when I leave my small radius. This is a problem for me. I have to go in manually (if I noti e I have heard a notification) to change the settings EVERY SINGLE TIME I LEAVE HOME… This is not what I signed up for. Please correct this… Nothing has changed on my end… No new equipment, same internet, same phone.

3 Likes

Maybe this helps to narrow it down. As soon as I updated to iOS 15, I started having issues with my Geo-fencing on my August lock. It used to auto-unlock perfectly, now it’s about 50/50. A reboot of my phone helps, but after a couple days, I’m back to the same issue.

Not sure if Eufy might be affected by the same issue. I stopped using Eufy’s geo-fencing a few weeks after installation as I could never get that to work reliably, but I haven’t done any testing with it for over a year.

It use to work exceptionally well, like clock work. Didn’t have any issues for over a year. One day I noticed I didn’t get any notifications and from that point it went south. I have to manually switch back and forth and it still won’t got into away mode.

Same for me. I just bought it and think I set up geofencing correctly. Phone location is always. Geofencing is turned on, but the only time is switches is when I open the app. It doesn’t happen automatically. I must have missed something in setup unless this is a common problem.