Why is Eufy not addressing the downed server issue!?

The server has been down for a good chunk of the day by this point and i’ve not heard one peep about it from Eufy!!
Why do I have to go searching the web trying to figure out what’s going on?!
You should have immediately sent out an email or some app notification to keep us up to date or at least let us know that you are working on the issue.
The fact that we are having this issue at all is troubling to me and makes me question the reliability of this system.
However the fact that you’re not addressing this issue head on with transparency and updating your costomers is the most troubling aspect of all.
Your “community” is scrambling trying to figure out what’s going on and relying on each other to try and get any sort of answers or verify that it’s not an isolated incident and it’s not just an issue with our own devices or internet.
Do better Eufy!

29 Likes

Hey I didn’t know what was going on. i keep getting unable to connect to application server. I reinstalled the eufy app and now I can’t even sign in. This been going on for most of the day. I am surprise not more are not complaining. This should been addressed right of away with a post, email,etc. I’m leaving my home soon for the weekend and I won’t have security cams. This is unacceptable. I wish I never purchased this system.

8 Likes

Hi guys today is my first day with my camera setup and lets just say not a good first impression buggy galore all kids of errors i guess i’ll give it a day or 2 see if it clears up

3 Likes

@eufy are you going to help us or are we going to social media for help?

5 Likes

Hi joshmed my advice is if your cameras are new please return them and get your money back. I made the same mistake and waited. Now I am stuck with this paper weight. I wish I had check on the forum before buying. They have a lot of problems and date back to 2018 and those same problems have still not been fixed yet

2 Likes

Very disappointed all day and no fix. I ca get an hour or two but common.

2 Likes

funny thing is i work for apple in the retail store and i serve hundreds of customer’s everyday. We don’t only talk about apple products we talk about third party as well. In the store culture customers rely on our personal experiences. So i guess i’ll wait as close to my return date to see. it looked so promising and i love my anker cables lol

2 Likes

My app and cams have been up and running all day. Maybe it is location based?

1 Like

Ours went down at 11:59am EST. We’ve rebooted twice and nothing.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure what time it was when mine went down because I’m still recieving motion alerts and notification, but I cannot view them or any of my past recordings. All I can do in the app is watch the live feed from the camera.

That’s a good theory Bernardinomike3, but I live in the West coast (California) and it looks like people from the east coast are also experiencing problems right now.
Sounds like OtiCam from the east coast has been having this problem all day as well and we’re at opposite ends of the country.

1 Like

Thanks for post this I thought it was my internet and not a larger issue.

1 Like

I have had my cameras for almost 2 months now and I have this same message…unable to connect to application server.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

2 Likes

This is my second day of owning Eufycam 2. Based on what I’ve experienced for the past 36 hours, this is a not a good sign.

2 Likes

I believe it means their servers are down. Nothing you can do but wait. I am in Australia and get the same message.

3 Likes

Just noticed when app showed “phone not connected to the internet” on EVENTS screen. I get EVENTS notifications. I even can view LIVE VIDEO, but no videos in EVENTS screen. I thought eufy video doorbell was not tethered in any way to their servers (Servers are DOWN). I missed that in the fine print I guess :weary:. Returning the system ASAP.

5 Likes

Are the servers down again!!??!??? No events page once again says phone not connected to internet but my phone is connected to the internet anyone else experiencing problems once again. I thought everything was fixed

3 Likes

Down here in NewZealand also.
Unable to switch modes in app can not turn off alarm in our workshop have had to send my team home hence loss of income.
A notice or message on website would have been a good way to inform all users and stop our frustrations.

3 Likes

Yes it would be. That still wouldn’t make it ok to have a down server but at least a statement from the company would be nice. I wish I could return my products. I’ll tell you what if they don’t soon release I statement I won’t be buying any more products

2 Likes

This isn’t the first time this has happened, and when you see this error you think it’s something on your end i.e. wireless signal, router, phone, etc. If your gear is still under warranty return it. last time it was down for a good long time

2 Likes

I wish mine was still under warranty. This is so ridiculous!!! I WANT A STATEMENT FROM EUFY PLEASE. I am so furious right now. Are you kidding?? Down server. This is a Security Company.

2 Likes