Wifi Password not recognized by Home Base

I am unable to place my Home Base 2 on wifi because I have some characters in the paraphrase that evidently the Home Base does not recognize, namely comma (,) period (.) and number (#). I have a multitude of devices that recognize and accept them, why not Eufy and I have too many devices to start changing them just to satisfy one.

5 Likes

I have exactly the same issue, very annoying. :confused:

I can’t either. This is ridiculous that the password can’t have a comma. It should be an easy fix and responsive to security.

My password is comprised with two words separated with a space. Come Eufy it is a paraphrase. Phrases are comprised with multiple words separated with spaces.

1 Like

Same problem here.

The 802.11 spec for WPA2 states that “all printable ASCII characters should be allowed for passwords. So printable ascii character including things like !@#$%^&*()~`_-=[]{}|;’:”<>?,./ are included in the spec.

I have seen other vendors not honor the spec and it usually has to do with how the database where the data is stored is defined. Unfortunately, that means that it probably won’t be fixed.

If I can’t connect these devices to my wifi because they don’t recognize a valid WPA2 passphrase, I’m going to have to return everything.

Doorbell, 2 cameras, Homebase, all being sent back. So disappointing.

Passphrase is a “string” of characters, spaces are not treated differently than others, so it’s a form validation bug and not a storage issue… should be really easy to fix.
What are they waiting for?

I’ve seen it both ways. If it were validation, they could certainly pop up an error to give the user a clue as what was missing. If, on the other hand, they didn’t define the field correctly, its hard to give the user a meaningful error message. They had a similar issue a while ago when spaces stopped working in device names. That was probably validation, becasue it popped an error message. Other errors that have come up makes me think that whoever did the database design wasn’t very experienced. It certainly needs some work from a security standpoint. The recent debacle where people were seeing cams from other customers being a case in point.

Because my WPA2 password has spaces in it, I had to find the WPA2 hex-equivalent. I think I used this one.