WiFi Smart Lock Always Offline

Add me to the list. The lock wad purchased from Amazon 2 weeks ago and installed last week. Worked great for two days and now I’m dealing with the same constant drops. Huge pain same debating whether to keep it based on eufy’s apparent lack of engagement.

I have the same issue. I tried many things and no luck. I am staying away from this company. I was planning to buy their camera system but I am done with them. Good luck to everyone.

My SMART lock (Bluetooth) won’t pair. tried all options, still no luck.

Any ideas??

I just installed brand new eufy smart lock touch wifi… at the end of installation, the app asked me to update firmware… up untill then the installation went smooth…
After the firmware update, the lock didn’t come online… I’ve waited about an hour, checked again, it was still offline…
I tried “removing the lock” from eufy app. and restart all over again, but the “reset” button didn’t work… it seems the lock is dead or something after firmware update…
I am so disappointed… basically wasted time and money on this lock…
I called the customer support, they said it might caused by defective battery… but I doubt it… something is definitely not right with this product… they are going to send replacement… I will write more when the replacement gets here.

The new lock won’t make a difference, the issue is with the past firmware updates. Whatever they’ve done they’ve screwed up the WiFi connections and have yet to remedy the issue. We’re all in the same boat. I recommend taking back the lock and getting one from a different company cause Eufy has failed us for the past few months with no solution.

Had 4 locks working just fine for the past 5 months, updated firmware on each one today and all have been offline since. I pull the battery and put it back in, they go back online for about 2-5 minutes then offline again. Checked my WiFi and made sure it wasn’t any issue with WPA3 or WPA2, doesn’t seem to change anything.
I have a wifi6 router running 802.11ax, and 802.11ac as a fallback, maybe some 802.11N on the network. The update was to firmware version 1.2.9.6 on model T8520’s. Firmware notes state it was supposed to improve wifi, instead now I have zero connection.