WiFi Smart Lock Always Offline

Your experiment was solid. Firmware is the problem!

I can confirm the MAC address issue. Their tech support didn’t comment on this issue.

I can confirm something similar. My lock kept going offline every few minutes and here’s the combination that made it stay online:

2.4Ghz network with with no spaces in the name or password for the network, and NO attached 5GHz network with the same name:

WiFi 6/802.11ax disabled on the router

WPA-2 Personal authentication with AES encryption.

Phone running the setup app on the same WiFi network as the lock during setup. (Though it’s generally good practice to put IoT devices on a separate WiFi network from computers and phones for security.)

no solution for this? how are they continuing to sell a product that doesnt work?

Good fix! My eufy smart lock wifi keeps dropping offline for some unknown reasons but changing to your suggested settings made it stay online for the past week. Thanks for your help.

Unhook extender connect lock to router update firmware if any and plug extender back in??

I just installed mine tonight and same problem can’t connect my Bluetooth and it won’t stay online. Also nothing in the app works. Spent to much money for this aggravation

1 Like

Im having the SAME ISSUE!!! How is eufy not trying to fix this when so many people are experiencing the same issues!!! Ive already replaced this lock and its having the offline issue!

1 Like

Using the latest firmware I was running like a dream for a few months, around 2 weeks ago I got the offline issue again, I ignored it and persisted on with fingerprint unlock each time, I noticed it asked me to charge the battery twice in that 2 week period with minimal use - Figured it was something to do with my WIFI, I reset all that, still didn’t connect to WIFI, it also didn’t connect to my phone via Bluetooth. In my frustration I reset it, it still wont connect to my phone or tablet via Bluetooth :frowning: so I now can’t set it up, I’m currently using the key to unlock it

1 Like

I have the same issue with smart touch lock with wifi. Tried setting a dedicated 2.4 GHz network for IoT. But still have the problem.

I also have the same issue. My smart touch with wifi disconnect within a few minutes after wifi setup. Bluetooth connection also drop within a few minutes. I purchased my eufy lock from Amazon. I will return it if the issue persists.

2021, December, 07. Same Issue!!!
Installed yesterday; updated to the latest hardware. Today it’s offline, and reconnecting it doesn’t stick.

eufy… eufy… anyone?
For years, I’ve used Arlo and a few friends got Arlo systems because they trust my research & choices. But after a lot of new research, I went with eufy. We just got a vacation home, so I purchased a few cameras, a video doorbell & a smart lock from eufy. Our first friends to visit us here were impressed by it all and are asking me for help to do the same at their home.

eufy: Please address this issue a bit more seriously and get it fixed. There is no provision for us to pay eufy only 97% and have eufy work for weeks (months?) trying to get the last 3% from us. In contrast, eufy got 100% of our money and we’re all trying to get this feature to work. Are prioritizing your resources to find a solution in order to complete your side of the contract?

I’ve the same issue. I just install mine. I got it from Costco . It doesn’t stay connected so it doesn’t work with my hub. Any solution or do I have to return it ?

I have the exact same issue - however it seems like it just started recently like a new firmware caused it or something.

I am having the exact same issue. This all started after the most recent firmware update. I didn’t have these problems before, and nothing has changed on my side. A fix for this would be great.

Same here. Surprised that the issue hasn’t been resolved yet. Please fix it.

I have 3 new locks that I installed in November, and all 3 will no longer stay online after the firmware update on 12/8/21. They asked for the logs that fail to send. Please rollback the firmware, fix, or refund asap.

I am having this same issue. Unfortunately, I am travelling and can’t seem to do anything to fix it.

Same issue
Everything was fine for 5 months and yesterday updated 2 of my lock to firmware 1.3.6.8 then all of my lock lost it’s connection both internet and bluetooth

Any fix coming from eufy?

I just installed this lock and am having the same issues. It works initially but then won’t stay connected. No fixes yet?