Wired Battery powered Eufy doorbell not charging

So I installed the battery powered doorbell using the existing wires but my battery isn’t charging…I do not have the plug symbol…I tried resetting it and reinstalling it …I checked the power source and everything seemed to be fine…any ideas on how to fix this? I want it wired.

It depends on your electric circuit!
In my case, I had a mp3 chime inside, which was the cause of not charging the doorbell, because of missing electric resistor. I replaced it with an oldskool analogue ring chime, which also have something around 10 ohm or whatever, and THEN the doorbell is charging. That means:
Digital chime inside: Not working
Analogue chime inside: Working

Ask an electrician about this issue, he might explain it much better than I can :smiley:

I was told that the battery would never charge from the doorbell wiring; I’d have to disassemble the unit and charge it with USB cable.

I have had my Doorbell 2K battery type wired up since March last year. Back then i was told the % only changes when charging via USB. So i ignored matters so long I had power cord symbol.
Recently I have the issue that I see no charging symbol, but it has been 2 days at 29%. I tried resetting the camera, uninstalling the app, not sure what else to do. :frowning:

Some digital transformers provide power when the device (Doorbell) takes the load. The problem is video doorbells use very little power which cannot detect by the transformer (Especially downright transformers). The solution for this issue is to use a doorbell transformer or none load detection transformer. Also, check your transformer’s output power, most of the time it is between 8-24V AC ( Not DC power). Hope this will help you.

@ind415 I have a normal transformer. No electronics.
With the camera connected, I can measure 18V with my multi-meter in AC mode (it is weird because the transformer is rated for much lower than that) .

For months I had the power symbol. :frowning:

I have similar issue.
It had been wired and working the last six months.
The power is AC 17v at the doorbell connection.
And the symbol « wired » disappeared and the battery dried out.
I plugged the previous video door bell and it works.
This is very annoying as it is the basis of presence simulation, I can answer visitors from anywhere …
So Eufy would be quite inspired to solve that issue.

Check the voltage at the terminals of the doorbell. Its possible that the breaker or fuse feeding the doorbell transformer has tripped. If you have ~18 VDC at the doorbell, then its possible that you have a bad connection somewhere causing a high resistance that’s not allowing enough current in the circuit to charge the battery.