You could do way better Eufy Security

UPDATE: I received a response from Anker. This is what they said. ” Thank you so much for contacting eufy and letting us know your suggestion.

Yes, glad to let you know that we are working on 2 Factor Authentication. If everything goes well, it will be released within 2-3 months. Please stay tuned.

As for IFTTT, we mentioned it by mistake on the box of our original eufycam. We tried to make it before, but due to technology difficulties, I’m so sorry that it was delayed.

As for the color of doorbell, we didn’t plan to make other colors, but we heard that many customers want it, so we made it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I forwarded them to our engineers and ensure you that we will take them into consideration. Hope we can make them in the future.“

3 Likes

I guess with a lot of people being happy me and others must be only a few hand full who is having legit problems just 20 minutes ago I heard my gate open and saw a UPS man leaving and as of now still no notifications. It seems my camera have a mind of it’s own. my main reason for this cam was to monitor package deliveries and from being stolen.

Sorry but this response from eufy tells me that they do listen to the customers. Implementing new (security)features costs time and resources to do it in a correct way especially now during the Covid crisis.

How about fixing problems with current security features. Who need new security features when they still have problems with old or do both.(that’s a good ideal) They seem to listen to customers for new security features but not listening to customers for fixes on current products. If these products was a lower cost product maybe you can over look certain things but for the higher price you would expect maybe not 100% but at least close to it.

3 Likes

Yes I am happy with the response I got from them. What I was annoyed about is that 2 Factor Authentication took so long. To me that should have been the first thing they did when making a Security App. However if they do want they say they are going to do they will be launching it.

IFTTT is a big feature, and a requirement for all smart home devices really. I sincerely hope it is being worked on to be in the hands of the users soon.

2 Likes

Going on 3 months…

I’m quite happy, not having issues.

As an average user I suspect many are the same as I am. As long as it does the basic job in a simple way no need to be whiney.

Lets be clear, I regret EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR I have sunk into eufy:
“You’re backer 8159.
You have successfully pledged $699.00”
I also added a few other purchase’s back in 2018… yep, thats 2018 to come to around $1000 usd into eufy.

Lets count the things that where important to me for backing the project that where on the list IN 2018 NOT 2 years LATER in 2020:
IFTTT, DESKTOP APPLICATION and lastly, total independence if Eufy servers go down…

2 years later, still dont have EITHER IFTTT or a Desktop Application, as for the independence, the Eufy servers have gone down several times and caused not only the App to not work (expected when not on same network) when locally connected, but ALSO the camera’s to not detect motion/record/notify (they fixed this for the most part, but its happened 2x).

To make matters worse, the web portal is a worthless joke, and recently stopped working (probably a flash issue, who knows).

I also reported the same issue others have where despite setting motion detection zones, it still detects motion outside of these zones and notifies even if the setting is to not do so.

So much potential, so much money. I hope Eufy finally finish’s the project, if not for me, then for the next poor sod or all the other issue posts that exist.

3 Likes

I feel your pain! The hardware from an engineering standpoint is great! It is the lack of a good software team that is probably the source for all the disappointment. I bought my wireless doorbell, motion detectors, cameras and door sensors just over 5 weeks ago. Since a couple of days I am often unable to access the cameras or homebase when away from home. This does not provide me with peace of mind, in all honesty- it does the exact opposite. I truly hope they are invested in their products and customers. I really like the hardware and to some degree; the affordability; but an affordable product with subpar features and software does not cut it for me.