You've Got HomeKit Questions, We've Got Answers

Hey eufy fans,:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We read your comments, and we’re here to provide solutions for those of you who manage devices through HomeKit, particularly Indoor Cam users (we’re sorry we kept you waiting). We hope that you find the following information relevant and helpful.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

First, what is Homekit

HomeKit is a framework that links smart home products together. It lets you control smart home products using apps on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
unnamed

Which eufy Security products are compatible with HomeKit?

HomeKit is compatible with eufyCam 2/2Pro and eufyCam 2C/2C Pro, as well as Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt (Solo IndoorCam P24) and Indoor Cam 2K (Solo IndoorCam C24).

(Please see the next section for more details).

Can I use HomeKit without the eufy Security App?

It depends, but there’s an easy way to check. Look at the QR code on your eufy Security product.

If you see the Home logo, you can use the Home app to scan the QR code and follow the instructions to connect your eufy Security product. For a step-by-step guide, please read this Apple support article

image%20(2)
If you don’t see the Home logo, you can still use the Home app after an easy set-up process with the eufy Security app. You only need to do this once, and you can use the Home app to control eufy Security products when finished. For more information, please read this support article: How to Setup HomeKit for HomeKit-Enabled Security Devices.

Lark20210721-104122

How Can I Set Up HomeKit

HomeKit Questions and Answers

Q: Which HomeKit features can I use on Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt (Solo IndoorCam P24) and Indoor Cam 2K (Solo IndoorCam C24)?

A: Main HomeKit features available on Indoor Cam 2K Pan & Tilt (Solo IndoorCam P24) and Indoor Cam 2K (Solo IndoorCam C24) include:

• Live Stream: Watch live streams from Indoor Cam on the Home App.

• Snapshot: Get an in-app snapshot update every 10 seconds or when motion is detected.

• Motion Alert: Get a motion notification with a snapshot.

• Siri Compatibility: Ask Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod, or Mac to control Indoor Cam with just your voice.

• Automation: Use motion detection on Indoor Cam to create smart home automation.

• HomeKit Security Video: Customize your video recording, notification, storage, and sharing options with a Home Hub.

Q: Which iOS version do I need to use eufy Security products with HomeKit?

A: iOS10 or later. The latest version of iOS or iPadOS is recommended.

Q: How can I control the device with HomeKit when I’m away from home?

A: You can use one of the following products to control devices with HomeKit when you are away from home.

• An Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS10 or later
  • An iPad with iOS10 or later
  • A HomePod
  • Another HomeKit accessory

Q: Why do the timestamp and eufy watermark disappear in the video?

A: Timestamps and watermarks are initially disabled when using HomeKit, but you can enable them manually in the eufy Security app.

Have More Questions? Contact Us :wink:

1)eufy Security app > Help > Call us/Feedback

2)Leave a comment at the bottom of this post

3)Email support@eufylife.com

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.:hugs:

eufy Security Team

For more official tutorials, please click here !

4 Likes

More info on mac desktop would be helpful

7 Likes

No HomeKit support on any of their new products is just terrible. They still support Google and Alexa, but no HomeKit. I will be purchasing new products elsewhere.

35 Likes

Thanks for posting this repository of info. Is it possible for the current hardware of the Eufy Doorbells (I have the latest 2K doorbell) to support HomeKit?

I hope Eufy/Anker is investigating this, because I have many smart devices (doorbell, lights, TV, video streamer, thermostat, even other eufy products) and it’s nice to see and control everything from one app, sometimes Home works even when other apps do not.

27 Likes

HomeKit has specific requirements for hardware. We’re actively investigating and trying. But now it’s still too early to say yes or no to the integration. Please stay tuned on our latest news. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for your support to eufy. HomeKit has specific requirements for hardware. We’re actively investigating and trying. Please stay tuned on our latest news. We will update you as soon as possible

3 Likes

Exactly the same problem here. Upgraded hardware, Homebase2, all that’s missing is Eufy’s desire.

4 Likes

I originally purchased the eufy Wired Doorbell and eufy Battery Doorbell 2K so that I could use with Apple HomeKit. It’s been over a year, maybe close to 2, and I’ve not seen anything else. Now in this post, it sounds as if eufy is abandoning its original position and I can’t find an update to the post about the applications and/or eufy working with Apple for certification on these products. I’m a huge supporter of eufy and Anker; I have no problem waiting…but if these integrations will never come to fruition, I want to abandon my original plan, purchase new products that will work and sell these while the resell price is still up. Please advise.

19 Likes

I noticed that myself. That’s to bad. I’m looking for a replacement now too because of the lack of HomeKit support.

6 Likes

Also bought both. Luckily, I was able to return the battery version, because the announcement they were abandoning HomeKit integration came out within my return window. Had the wired version sitting around too long before they made the announcement so had to put it up on eBay. With the winking comment made above it sounds like they may be getting ready to make an announcement again?? …Or they just keep changing their stance on HomeKit to keep people from ditching their system. Either way, it is odd to make a HomeKit post this late into their integration — especially since this information is found else where.

8 Likes

You should check out Homekit’s software certification releases a couple of years ago… little less onerous than it used to be! Your customers want all of your products to work with Homekit! It sort of defeats the purpose of the product line only partially works.

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to get in touch with someone for almost 6 months, we’ve got 2x pan & tilt 2k cameras which are HomeKit compatible & I can’t get them to complete set up; we’ve master reset them, disabled HomeKit, tried different accounts & all same issue. Seems like a common issue with many users, so how can we get this resolved & paired to work with HomeKit? @Tom_927

1 Like

I recall Apple lowered the vendor requirements for adding HomeKit accessories around 2019.

I do not understand how a $40 camera can have HomeKit secure video compatibility but the $200+ cameras and doorbells do not. It can’t be licensing costs given a $40 camera supports it.

I bought 2c and 2 cameras specifically because of HomeKit secure video support and have been disappointed that most eufy products produced over past year or so, do not support HomeKit. This lack of support has prevented me buying more Eufy products including doorbell, door locks, motion and door sensors and even some of the new cameras. Based on many other posts on the forum, it is reasonable to conclude that I am not alone in only buying HomeKit compatible accessories.

The lack of HomeKit support is costing Eufy sales.. Worse still, it’s forcing your customers to look elsewhere for HomeKit devices such as doorbells, sensors, locks, lighting, etc. There is a high risk that may not come back to Eufy in future.

23 Likes

What devices are you looking at with HomeKit camera support?

All the Eufy devices I have now are HomeKit compatibility. I’m in the market for more like a door bell and outdoor spot light. I’d like to add to my eufy devices but won’t due to lack of HomeKit support. Hope it comes soon if at all.

4 Likes

I’m only posting here because I saw this pop up in the eufy app.

Right now I only have eufy devices that support HomeKit so it’s good to see this thread as it shows some life in HomeKit at eufy.

I’m very disappointed that all new product releases have not had HomeKit support, I will not be buying any devices until support is added.

I hope there are plans to bring HomeKit and HKSV to the new products or plans for new devices in the future. Until then I’m taking my business elsewhere. Don’t abandon this market!

6 Likes

I bought my devices under the understanding HomeKit is supported (and in beta). I’ve now got 3 brands of cameras claiming future HomeKit support and zero actual support.

Ring, TP-link/Kasa, and now Eufy. I’m trying to get away from needing my raspberry pi homebridge. This isn’t making it easier.

3 Likes

Like almost everyone else on this thread, HomeKit support for the current doorbells. I’ve seen one YouTube video where the guy reviewing is able to connect his doorbell to HomeKit but it was in beta I think, that was like 2 years ago. It’s giving Rivian vibes. Idk why only some products are HK compatible, was excited when I saw eufy had sensors only to find out they don’t work w HK. Went with another company instead.

3 Likes

Can you provide any updates here for us Homekit holdouts? Is there any hope our existing devices will get Homekit through software certification or Thread support (iOS15)?

7 Likes

I have 2c Cams, and I’ve noticed that the status LED status and the motion detection resets every time Home Kit performs changes when I leave home and i don’t like I have to reconfigure again my cams when I leave or return home

2 Likes