Bad activity zones?

Same issue here, all activity zones are ignored and everything is recorded.
They used to work, but haven’t in a while now.
Some cameras I was able to point better, but on others it’s not an option, so pretty annoying.
Fingers crossed they unf#%k this with another update soon

3 Likes

Yup activity zones are still completely useless all cross traffic well outside the zones Eufy camera gets excited lemme record this.

Actual driveway activity who is taking my car… Not important you don’t need to see that

I guess we all got what we paid for shit camera and fake activity zones… That will never work

Yes same here, already smaller the size of activity zone, sensetive set to lowest, but car passing by will still trigger the motion alert.

1 Like

I had a 23 thread email chain about this and just excuses… The shadow of something else was on reflected on your car and the camera detected that still waiting for a proper technical answer why activity zones do opposite of the meaning.

I brought the cameras two weeks ago. Complained about this problem to eufy support they acted like it was the first time they heard of this problem. They are sending me out a new camera kit to try :crossed_fingers:t3:. Hope it works.

I gave up talking to support they act like it’s not a big deal zones don’t work or have good excuses that a reflection was seen by the camera or a shadow inside the zone

I agree, activity zones don’t work well and the “boxes” used to set up are bad. They need way more points to edit the size and shape of the box or zone. Hopefully Eufy fixes.

They never will working as intended according to them

same issue, they need to fix it

1 Like

I’m finding activity zones work during the day but not at night, cars passing the house on the road during daytime are ignored, but once night comes all cars headlights or tail lights trigger a recording.

Interestingly or not, some recordings the car has already passed the camera before the recording starts, there is definitely a delay for the camera to wake up, another eufycam is in sight and quite often it will take a couple of seconds before the camera IR lamp on that camera comes on even though it is triggered by automation and not movement detection.

This delay means human visitors (both wanted and unwanted) are often missed, my biggest bug bear of this system.

I have raised the camera viewing angle which has improved human detection during the daytime and reduced cat and fox detection at night time, currently playing with the sensitivity setting to see if I can find a happy medium, until eufy solve the camera wake up issue the cameras will always be flawed.

They don’t work at all for me. I have them setup to only detect when someone enters my driveway, but motion is triggered when someone is driving by our house.