Eufy app/website for camera viewing

The website works now without flash. Can view all my cams Live View. It’s slower than through the Eufy app, but it does work now. It will also allow viewing cloud data if you subscribe to that.

Thanks for fixing it

2 Likes

I just installed a new doorbell and was asked if I wanted to use 2fa. Maybe setup again and select no 2fa, then try again on the Mac?

I would realy like a macOS app for Eufy security to recieve allert messages (motion) and view live content. It can’t be a big effort to make this happen based on the iOS app. Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

They do have a Mac OS app. I haven’t tried it on my mini so can’t tell you what features it has. I use Bluestacks emulator on my Mac and PCs and then run the Eufy android app on that. I essentially get the same behavior on both OS’s that I get on Android. Keeps thing consistent across all my OS choices. I have an another emulator for Linux, but haven’t installed it yet.

With the MacOS app you can only do bulk download for recorded events.
I would like to receive motion alerts and a live view but not planning to do emulation kind of things. A bit to nerdy for me :wink:

Bluestacks is really simple. Install the Bluestacks for Mac app from their website, then either use Google Play to download Eufy Security app or APKMirror.com, if you don’t like to use Google. The Eufy app works fine and you can have it set up an icon on your desktop so the only time you see Bluestacks is for a few seconds when you load the eufy app.

This way you get notifications, live view and you can download clips and screenshots to your Mac (or PC). The emulation is transparent and you can add other Android apps if you want.

I also went the nerdy way and downloaded VMWare to do emulation, but found it took a lot more to set up.

Bluestacks is perfectly fine for those that want PC/Mac based access. Eufy should not be spending ANY programming time trying to write a specific PC/Mac app. They should be concentrating instead in unifying all their security products under a “Virtual Homebase”.

2 Likes

I don’t like your sound on a reasonable request. Why should I install emulation software, install an mobile app, create an extra google account? It is fine that you have your own requests but please let me have my own wishes :slight_smile:

You certainly can have your own wishes. But IMO your request is not realistic and will never be done (and I’m certain of that) for the simple reason that is already done with software that is already available. There is nothing to be gain for Eufy in spending countless and worthless programming hours just to duplicate on a Mac/PC app what they already have in a mobile app. On top of that none of their competitors is doing that either, so why should they. So I hope Eufy concentrates their software efforts to what will actually cause a major bump in revenue for Eufy.

1 Like

Ring has a desktop app, so don’t say none of the competitors do this.
When I work, it’s nice to see on my desktop in an app my cameras, rather than on my phone (which I might use for calling :))
Anyway, I like the blue stacks idea, I’ll try it out!

You can see your Eufy cameras using a browser on a desktop from here: https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login (use your mobile app login credentials)

1 Like

please make a eufy apple tv app. I am hopeful that eufy will at least make a apple tv app if they can not make all Eufy cameras and doorbells to have HomeKit support. Making a apple tv app would draw new apple customers from Ring and other competitors. I want to see the cameras and doorbells from my tv and this is one of the biggest reasons I left ring no apple tv support and no HomeKit. Its a big deal if you want to keep apple users in the eufy eco system. I want HomeKit but if you can’t make that happen at least make apple tv eufy app.

it’s olny work for 5 minutes!!!

You cannot use the same login account to access both at the same time. However, you can do so from your phone and computer. Eufy, could you please fix the problem? I tried to use family sharing and invite one of my colleagues, but even though he created his own account, it kicked me out once he added the device to his phone.

Which OS are you using? We have 5 different accounts set up on Android and they don’t kick anyone out. We can use all 5 at the same time on different devices. The only time I have been kicked out is if I use the same login on a more than one device.

I’m using Android, and my boss tried it with an iPhone, but when I add this camera to the list of devices, it asks me to press the sync button, and once I do, and my boss’s device is connected, it kicks me out. I also tried it on Android for a colleague, but the result was the same.

Your using the wrong procedure to add devices to another account.

1. Go to the Family and Guest menu in the app.
  2. Find your bosses email account and select it.
  3. Under that is a list of devices from your account that he will be able to see.
  4. If something is missing go to Manage Shared Devices and add it there. If there are devices that you don’t want him to see, you can remove them by unchecking them.

Just figured out how to make this work on a MAC. Use https:// instead of http://