Eufy to Google Home linking problems

Same issue here. Had an annoying chat with eufy support “expert” that just gave me links to guides how to set up linking to Google Home. Well it doesn’t work. Really annoying.

I had eufy security linked on my google home, but for some reason stop showing cameras on hub… I had a excellent ideia to unlink the account… And now I can’t link again… “Could not reach eufy security. Please try again” HELP plz

I’m having trouble linking to Google home. It seems to go through the process of logging in and setting the pin. I get a message at the bottom of the screen which says “eufy security is linked” then a few seconds later it is replaced with a message saying “something went wrong. Please try again”.
Anyone find a solution to this, or managed to get eufy security working with Google home?

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem.

Alexa link works fine

But i cannot link eufy to Google home

Incredibly frustrating… I unlinked from home to trouble shoot… as the door sensors where showing offline in Google Home… They absolutely where not according to Alexa and the Eufy App… cannot relink
I use home to cast cameras to my Chromecasts

Error message could not reach eufy security, please try again…

This is very clearly broken…

How about an acknowledgement please from Anker ?

Suddenly all Eufy devices were offline in my Google home. I unlinked my Eufy account but when I try to link again I get the same error that after an initially successful reconnecting the message “Something went wrong please try again” pops up. Now I am not able to reconnect anymore. When will this problem be fixed?

Same problem here - I had to unlink to see if re-linking helps and now it cannot be linked again. Contacted the chat support and the agent mentioned there is a bug their engineering will look into.
Its a shame there is no ‘status page’ of some sort that outlines the known outages/issues that are end consumer facing.

1 Like

Hi guys, I had the exact same issue and out of sheer frustration when I got the error message (I was getting a blank page with “bad gateway” after putting the 6 digit code in), I just kept hitting the refresh icon multiple times. The first time it went back to the Google home app and said an error has occurred, but the second time, on the third refresh, it worked. Maybe try that!

The “Bad gateway” message is another issue, it happens from time to time. Once you get pass that it still says “Cannot reach Eufy security. Please try again later.”. At least for me.

Same problem for me. I cannot link my camera anymore to my google home ! How come they are not taking this seriously?

Same problem here. I had to try to login to the webpage to generate the 2FA-email. I used the PIN-code for the Google Home-integration process… I got an successful message “eufy security has linked” and then I got “an error occured. try again”

Hi all,

I contacted Eufy support yesterday about this issue and they responded within an hour by email.

They asked me to provide a lot of info:

In order to better look into this issue for you, may I know more information regarding this issue?
 - If the network is in a good condition?
 - If you have tried unlink and relink the Google Account?

In order to better help you, please also help to provide us with the following information:
 - A video showing the connection process
 - A screenshot of your order invoice/details
 - The SN of your devices; You can get it at the back of doorbell or in the app via Devices>three dots on the live feed page>settings>General>about device>serial number
 - Your current shipping address

So I replied with all the answers and mentioned this forum topic as well. Stating that it wasn’t a device issue but probably something on their side and that more users experience the same issue.

This morning January 11th they responded:

Due to server maintenance, there is a short period of disconnection, we are sorry for the inconvenience; normal connection will be restored immediately after our engineers complete the background update. Please wait for about 7 business days.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we wish you a wonderful day.

So let’s give it a week…

3 Likes

Linking seems to be working now.

Yes! it works… now i would like to resolve the problem related to the security cam video streaming directly in google home app… I think i would need a chromecast device. Do you know how it works? Sorry for the dumb question :slight_smile:

Another annoying issue is that with android eufy notification cannot override Do not disturbe mode… what a pity!

how did you make it work? After I linked my Eufy account to Google Home but the cameras are still not showing on the Google Home app.

The cameras are not available for viewing in Google Home. You can only control them, turn on/off, view on chromecast etc.

I wanted to view the cameras on google nest hub in order to do that I need to set it up through google home app first. once I linked my acct on google home it shows “successfully linked” but I still don’t see the cameras icons on the google home app. this is very frustrating

1 Like

Hi guys, have someone noticed that the delayed allarms are not properly working? I set up the delaying time but it doesn’t work for the devices chosen… Thanks

I have found that after linking, you must go through each camera and add to home individually.
But alas, even after all cams are added, it still does not work anymore and hasn’t for quite some time.

Obviously they do not care as this problem has existed for quite some time and many post about this exact issue persist with no addressing by the company.

yeah, Eufy is pretty bulls**t. I still can’t link all the cameras to the google home app even though Eufy says they do support LOL. what a joke