Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home

Doesn’t look like they are actively working on a solution for this. Such a shame. If only google Home had more control over the security states. At least then we would be able to switch modes the way we all want to.

2 Likes

Wow, set up an account just to submit this vital update request and just saw this and read through all these comments. I can’t believe this has been requested for so long with no update!! As a new customer who just spent almost $600 on a full home setup, I am so incredibly disappointed not only in the lack of this basic feature but the huge lack of response from the company on all these requests and comments. Massive shame. This has me questioning everything about my purchase :confused:

1 Like

Adding my upvote for this requirement.

I have two Solo IndoorCam C24. I have been manually turning motion detection on at night, and off again in the morning (needs Bedtime settings). Same if we all leave the house (need Geofencing settings)

We have other Smart devices (Hue lights, Nest doorbell, etc) and they automatically tie into my iPhone to know when it is bedtime, and when my alarm goes off in the morning for turning lights on.

I would like if the Eufy cams could set their motion detection automatically based on schedule or bedtime, as don’t need numerous clips of us walking around the house during the day, but definitely want recording if anything happens at night.

1 Like

How is this still not a thing? How is it even a security system if it doesn’t arm itself at night?

2 Likes

Without adding geofencing in with scheduling its almost completely useless. Whatever you do dont have a doorbell with seperate cameras cos turning off the system when you are in the house messes up you doorbell. So if i really want to get what i want i have to manually turn off 4 security cameras each time i enter the house and then turn them back on again overnight. So i leave it on and it triggers all the time and drains the battery. Having typed all this out i have realised its crapper than i even thought.

1 Like

Eufy, how is this still not fixed? I have had these cameras for a while now and still I can’t trigger it to record when I leave the leave the house and then just record at night when at home. I will without doubt be changing them soon as the amount of charging they need if they record 24 / 7 just isn’t viable. Surely after 3 years of people complaining this should be fixed by now?

2 Likes

Another vote for enabling this feature; think it is the major option lacking.

1 Like

Plus one

Please add this feature. We are in Q3 of 2023 now! Please respond to your users rather than ignoring our requests

3 Likes

It’s abundantly clear Eufy has no intention of fixing their flawed products to include a basic feature most everyone needs, and which comes as a standard feature with their competitors. I’ll never buy another Eufy product. Ignoring customers for years and refusing to address egregious product shortcomings is a business plan for failure.

3 Likes

Definitely scheduling would be a good option. I don’t really need the cameras viewing all activity during the day when I’m in, but would like full coverage at night covering my drive and car. At the moment I pick up people on my doorbell cam and then my 2c camera. I don’t need this during the day ,

1 Like

Bumping this much-needed feature. It’s pretty simple if / or / then logic to implement, and very disappointing that it hasn’t been done after 3 years of requests.

1 Like

bumping this even more. wow. this wishlist ticket is long.

i thought it was bad that my “upgraded” homebase with AI has yet to recognize me—how has this simple schedule request not fulfilled?

4 Likes

It is hard to imagine that the schedule feature does not allow geofencing to be assigned as a mode of operation.

I would have thought it would have been so common that having the cameras armed at night (MAINLY OUTDOOR CAMERAS) with required alerts then during the day you have geofencing. ie you might create a customised mode called NIGHT which arms the cameras between, say, 10pm and 6am then geofencing is started at 6am to 10pm. This scenario would be most common i would have thought YET YOU CAN NOIT DO IT

It is hard to imagine would it would be so difficult as it is just effectively changing modes which it can do now … with the exception of geofencing

Without this feature the product is greatly diminished.

PS. I wrote all this before I saw so many others had requested the same thing … but i hope it adds some more weight.

2 Likes

I will certainly be looking at other products based on this lack of feature. Without it … I won’t go as far as saying the product is useless … but … certainly heading in that direction

2 Likes

Hi Eufy, is there any news on this feature ? It seems like the whole world wants this feature :wink: WIll you make it available Q1 2024 ?

2 Likes

Hi Eufy! Isn’t this the whole reason for installing a security camera: to record during night and when away? Can you give us an update on this feature? Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This feature is really needed, Geofencing is great in avoiding overusage on battery devices during the day when I am home. BUT… I need to manually change the setings before bedtime and when I rise to make this work like it should. What is the update on this feature ? It was said to be available back in 2020, that is a long time ago.

1 Like

Hello Eufy,

I think it’s time to make a clear statement here. Not responding is not a solution and shows disrespect for customers. Will the feature we all demand (combination of geofencing and scheduling) be implemented? If so, when ?
Please give an unconditional answer.
In the hope of still being seen as a customer,
Best regards

2 Likes

I am thinking that they do not monitor these forums. I spent a ton of money on this system just to find out that a simple thing such as this is not there. I wish I did more research about eufy and how unresponsive they are. Why are there not more folks asking for this feature???

1 Like