Geofencing with schedule

I think it must me easy to let Geofencing switch to the schedule option when iam at home. Why i cant select that at Geofencing?

4 Likes

Come with an update with this fix in it !

We been waiting so many years now. What is the status ?

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Geofencing with schedule:

I would love this as well. Moved from Arlo to Eufy compared everything but geo fencing to scheduled I didn’t check as assumed it would be obvious and able to configure.
This seems to be more likely to be used as we do t want to manually change it every night to scheduled or away. I would say majority of people would forget and then the security system is kind of pointless. If you live alone this would be one reason you buy a security camera.

4 Likes

+1

This is the Key Feature i am missing. Geo is fucked up and useless unless You can schedule it.

4 Likes

Hello,
Just wanted to ask if there are any news about this topic. Are there any plans to implement this feature?

4 Likes

How is this not added!
You can’t Rob me when I’m not there but by all means rape me in my sleep

5 Likes

Q4 2020…. So what happened? It is now almost Q3 2022!! It can’t be that hard to programme.

5 Likes

2 years and still this simple feature is not available, I would not have bought this system had I known this was not available.
How hard can it be to add Schedule as an option in the geofencing, Arlo have this feature so it can be done
Get your shit sorted Eufy

3 Likes

How hard can it be to develop this solution - the capability is there for both options separately - it just needs to be merged. Its the most obvious feature to have and cant believe it wasn’t available from day dot @AnkerSupport @Mengdi

4 Likes

Since Eufy isn’t doing anything about this request, I have made a Macro on macrodroid that solves this. It literally took like 30 min max “Eufy”, you should be ashamed for not supporting your customers with this little effort.

I did set a trigger time in the morning where it switches to geo mode then I copied the macro changed the trigger time to the evening where it switches to my custom made night mode.

I also made a macro that overrules silent mode/do not disturb during night time. So I get a notification with a beep when a person is in my garden when I am in bed.

It is easy to make by yourself.

4 Likes

Stop sending so many emails grr

2 Likes

So for those in this thread wanting to schedule geofencing… does your geofencing actually work when that mode is set?
I’ve found it really unreliable. Set everything exactly as eufy recommend, but it’s the only app on my iPhone that fails to detect between Home and Away. :confused: Other apps using location services work 100% of the time.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that I bought the bottom of the range Arlo system six years ago and it had this feature! I then ‘upgrade’ to Eufy after seeing the quality of the images and 15 minutes into setting it up I realise it’s not as good as Arlo! This has got to be the easiest thing to program for a developer and would probably take about half an hour. I really wish I’d found this thread a week ago allowing me to send the Eufy kit back as it is not really fit for purpose.

1 Like

@eufy_Operation @eufy @AnkerSupport can you please give a response?
It’s totally UNACCEPTABLE your lack of professionalism!!!
2 years without a response? Your customer support is just rubbish.
I will return my cameras and suggest in social media to never buy this trash.
<IRONIC MODE ON>
You should be proud now. You are ignoring many of your customers.
Good job!
<IRONIC MODE OFF>

2 Likes

Bump and vote for this feature. Google Nest Camera has this feature and we all need it in eufy please.

2 Likes

New user, glad the cameras look good and work with HomeKit even if the doorbell doesn’t Lack of geofencing and schedule capability is not good. Will not recommend to anyone.

2 Likes

How how how is this setting not supported? I find it unforgivable not be allow schedule with geofence.

2 Likes

I just installed my system, and this was the first thing I noticed while trying to configure it. I’m absolutely shocked that Geo fencing will not allow me to go into a scheduled mode when I am home. Like others have said, I want to be able to set a schedule, so at night everything is fully armed and notifying me of anything, but during the day, I do not want to know about every thing that moves. That is, unless, I am away, in which case I want the camera to go into way mode. That is what Geo fencing is for, but it seems highly crippled by this missing capability.

2 Likes

Guys, if we want this to be done, please send an email to eufy support. They just answered me that they will pass the info to the tech staff but that they will consider it only of there are more people affected.

They don’t even look at the threads we open, so let’s open real cases into their system by sending emails to support@eufylife.com

Tell them all the missing features the rest of the companies have and ask them to implement them now.

2 Likes

It will never happen - Eufy = Rubbish

1 Like