Home Base 2 External Storage

@AnkerSupport

Hello, I just purchased a 2x Cam 2C kit with the Homebase 2. I was wondering since it is closer to August, if there is an update for the expanded storage out yet. Also, if I were to use an NVMe SSD in a USB enclosure, would it work with the Eufy Homebase 2, or would I have to use a SATA SSD to expand the storage?

4 Likes

I would also like to know an update on this.

1 Like

just brougth the 4 wire-free 1080 with homebase2, Love the product.
Only hiccup, External Storage. I would like to know when the usb port be enable to allow an external drive be used for recording?.

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport any updates?

1 Like

Waiting for this also, Anker need to pull your finger out!!

1 Like

My usb drive waiting to be connected and used!

15 Likes

Slightly concerned to receive this update this morning.

“I understand that you want to connect a flash drive or USB hard drive to the bast unit to extend the local storage, please know that we will soon be launching a USB storage dongle that will allow you to expand the storage. It will be ready in the next 2-3 months if everything goes well. Please stay tuned!”

Do I read this right? To expand the storage on the HomeBase2 you will need to purchase a special dongle from Anker. I bet that won’t be cheap.

2 Likes

If the external drive requires firmware/software to run which more likely why they want to sell their own, Why not issue the files so a standard USB key/drive can be used.
Or is that too simple…

I’ll be extremely disappointed if I have to purchase a specific device to expand the storage capabilities of the homebase. A simple USB 3.0 dongle is perfectly capable and Anker will no doubt annoy a lot of customers

1 Like

Will it be a firmware upgrade of the base or a special encryption dongle to put on usb slot to which any external harddrive would be connected to ?

Any updates?
Will we be able to use any external usb storage source?

3 Likes

Maybe if you start mentioning what doorbell cameras can have expandable memory then they will get a hint.

How soon is soon because its now going to be September and i haven’t heard anything yet

1 Like

If this is correct i will be moving in another direction for local storage capability

@AnkerSupport
I’m planning on purchasing the eufy doorbell with hombase2 and eufy cams in the future.

I wanted to make sure if there will be an option to expand the storage via usb or is eufy going to realease a new homebase? if there will be an option for expansion, any update on it?

Please let us know,

Thank You!

Exactly - What is the point? Oh yeah MORE $$$

If you use appletv you can use the apple cloud storage, that’s up to 2TB

1 Like

Don’t purchase until available. I didn’t read the fine print and got features confused. Happy with product but is disappointing to invest $300 plus in cameras only to find that the storage runs through more quickly. Usb option of any sort would be great. I have thumb drive and ssd on standby so a dongle is disappointing to hear.

2 Likes

Any updates round the corner ?!! , it is October now ,Answer is a key driver to buy whole security system.

1 Like

Any updates??? I am holding off purchasing a nas as I would rather use a usb device that I currently have. PLEASE!!!

2 Likes